• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
You refer to this?

Yeah, that's a ringing endorsement of his defensive game over Dickinson, Silayev, and Levshunov alright. You nailed it.
Moving the goalposts now. Stop and think for a second; you are trying to argue over a player you’ve never watched. HFBoards in a nutshell. You really didn’t learn anything from your Slafkovsky fiasco, did you? 😂

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Moving the goalposts now. Stop and think for a second; you are trying to argue over a player you’ve never watched. HFBoards in a nutshell. You really didn’t learn anything from your Slafkovsky fiasco, did you? 😂
The point is the 5OA pick and the Habs choice with the pick! I'm not arguing against anyone, I'm speculating about what the Habs' tendencies would be with the 5OA pick.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm loving what we are hearing as of right now. Levshunov at 2 and Sennecke at 3. Does CBJ resist Silayev and go Lindstrom? Will we somehow have a choice between Lindstrom and Demidov? If Silayev is there can Bobrov resist another unicorn for the greater good of the team?

Deebs

Life is an illusion
Feb 5, 2014
I'm loving what we are hearing as of right now. Levshunov at 2 and Sennecke at 3. Does CBJ resist Silayev and go Lindstrom? Will we somehow have a choice between Lindstrom and Demidov? If Silayev is there can Bobrov resist another unicorn for the greater good of the team?
It's really a beautiful sound isn't it.

Can Silly play the right side? It's tough not to like the attributes he brings to the table.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
The only downside of drafting Silayev is needing to get an elite forward somehow. The prospect himself is tantalising. I don't think he makes it to 5.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I come to this site to escape these types of conversations.
I do the same. When I write an opinion on fb I see lot of insulting for me and others.
I was just answering to another poster on this one, I hope he didn't mean having 2 languages is the reason for idioty in society. I wrote about toxicity in the last years and by miracle this board have improved.

Reactions: bopeep and Tyson

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
Silayev looks to me like a slightly faster young Hal Gill (not the Habs version).

I'd definitely go for him if none of the forwards we seek are available.

I can totally imagine a fresh young version of Gill with probably a little more offense upside and a 12 feet radius stick defending aoe 😅

LePenseur

Nov 5, 2016
The more I read the more all the options are getting picked apart as bad:
-Demidov, Russian factor, stuck in bad junior league one more year, inflated numbers, no view against best
-Lindstrom, low ceiling, bad back
-Catton, too small
-Iginla, low ceiling
-Sennecke, not elite, head down with puck
- Bium, numbers inflated on monster team
-Levshunov, low IQ / play selection
-Silayev, no proven offense
-Dickinson, no problem but play wrong side for our need.

I guess Iginla has the least negative but is uninspired choice, not game breaking.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
-Demidov, Russian factor, stuck in bad junior league one more year, inflated numbers, no view against best
-Catton, too small
-Iginla, low ceiling

I guess Iginla has the least negative but is uninspired choice, not game breaking.
LOL, Catton is combative, super-skilled, and not smaller than other stars out there.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I wouldn't touch the 6'7 dman , I do not understand the hype at all. Built like a total toothpick, sus offense , seems nothing but a bust waiting to happen.

and Russian factor..... meh.

I don't think it's worth it either.

-Catton, too small
-Iginla, low ceiling

Based on your comments we should draft Dickinson.

Reactions: Habs

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
he's so scrawny , hasn't shown a lot of offense, a reliable two way defender you could probably find all over the draft or FA, I wouldn't blow a top 5 pick on it though
Another issue for me is when vetting a 17 year old so much goes into it including tons of interviews, watching live games, truly getting to know the player. You simply don't get to do that with these Russian prospects.

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
Another issue for me is when vetting a 17 year old so much goes into it including tons of interviews, watching live games, truly getting to know the player. You simply don't get to do that with these Russian prospects.

very true, too much risk vs reward in drafting that particular player, it's not like he has a hidden top end people aren't aware of either. Someone is going to draft him and be seriously disappointed I feel.

Not one single scouting report says he has a huge upside, just a nice two way dman from what I've read.

Reactions: Tyson

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Kent wants to wish him all the best in Chicago Anaheim or Columbus. :popcorn:

The biggest thing for me is providing the head is good how much track is still left in terms of progression.
The special ones project far out and much of it comes down to willingness to be the best.

• Haha
Reactions: Adam Michaels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad