• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Tampa wasn't about skill only. look at their defense and supporting cast to Point and Kucherov.

Tampa didn't do shit until they addressed their depth and grit issues. Many fans forget how long it took them to win. It was a combo of their top end players maturing and adding the right pieces around them. Lately, they have depth issues again and their D was horrible last season.

I'm talking about under 6 feet, not weight.

Talking about Height without Weight/Strength is a meaningless conversation

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Tampa didn't do shit until they addressed their depth and grit issues. Many fans forget how long it took them to win. It was a combo of their top end players maturing and adding the right pieces around them. Lately, they have depth issues again and their D was horrible last season.

Exactly. Example is Alex Newhook who is 5'11 but has incredible core strength.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
So… we should draft the most skilled, highest upside players and worry about Moar Big in other facets of team building. Agreed.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So… we should draft the most skilled, highest upside players and worry about Moar Big in other facets of team building. Agreed.

If you have a option to draft a skilled/gritty Slaf, you do it. Otherwise, lets focus on targeting the best guys we can get who have the best grades in Skating, Skill, IQ, Grit/Physical strength. I guess that is also a Slaf and Reinbacher type pick ;)

What we can't have is a skilled group that is mostly soft (like the Leafs). Right now, we have two top of the line-up assets with Caufield and Hutson. If we insert more, we are going to become a regular season champion.
:pcheer:

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Exactly. Example is Alex Newhook who is 5'11 but has incredible core strength.

Usually comes with weight but not in all situations. Newhook is 199 lbs and Drouin is 198 lbs. In most cases, it's about the players willingness to go to the dirty areas and not be afraid. If you have the physical strength and weight, you can sustain a pressured attack and win puck battles. If you are light, you are basically a little fly buzzing around the perimeter and going to get swashed.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Height is important in today's game even without talking about strength and weight. A big part of a height advantage in today's game is taking away time and space with reach.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Would be really interesting if HuGo and the scouts were to choose Parekh:

Guhle - Parekh
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux
Harris, Kovacevic

Matheson, Savard, Struble, Barron trade bait. Engstrom the wild card.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
yes. One more takeaway than Caufield last season.

(Suzuki led forwards by a wide margin)

If you have to look up the stats to figure that out, you really have not watched the games. Slaf's active stick does cause a lot of turnovers. Sometimes, the turnover happens as a result of his forecheck but he don't get the credit for it.

What are you trying to say? Slaf is no better at it vs Caufield? Is that what you really think?

Anyways, seems to be some cranky posters lately about side conversations that don't apply to the thread. Is this another?

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Would be really interesting if HuGo and the scouts were to choose Parekh:

Guhle - Parekh
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux
Harris, Kovacevic

Matheson, Savard, Struble, Barron trade bait. Engstrom the wild card.
If they can get a top 6 forward by other means, I’m not against them drafting Parekh. They do lack a consensus number 1 defenceman. At least as of today. Yes, maybe someone steps up, but so far, the jury is still out.

Reactions: 26Mats

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
If you have to look up the stats to figure that out, you really have not watched the games. Slaf's active stick does cause a lot of turnovers. Sometimes, the turnover happens as a result of his forecheck but he don't get the credit for it.

What are you trying to say? Slaf is no better at it vs Caufield? Is that what you really think?

Anyways, seems to be some cranky posters lately about side conversations that don't apply to the thread. Is this another?
I just provided a stat. Straight facts.

Now who’s cranky? lol

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I just provided a stat. Straight facts.

Now who’s cranky? lol

OK, but what do you think those stats mean? That Slaf's forecheck and active stick is not a strength? That was the conversation you replied too. Caufield and Slaf with similar takeaways so how do you want me to assume that reply?

I personally value the Blocks/Hits/Takeaways/Giveays per 60 but like +/-, you got to take it with a grain of salt. In this case, it doesn't reveal that part of Slaf's game in terms of how effective he is at his forecheck and active stick

Where did the active stick come from? Height and long reach. Funny how things spin

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If they can get a top 6 forward by other means, I’m not against them drafting Parekh. They do lack a consensus number 1 defenceman. At least as of today. Yes, maybe someone steps up, but so far, the jury is still out.

I have a hard time believing there is that many top pairing guys in this draft. First you see Dickinson, then others say it's Levshunov...etc. Personally, I see a lot of top 4D.

When I look at the forwards vs the D, I see a lot of top 6F vs top 4D which equal chances of some turning into top line forwards or top pairing D.

So if we draft Parekh, we think he can be a #1 but if we draft Iggy, he can't be a top line forward? I think lots of fans are falling into this trap with all that D talk.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I have a hard time believing there is that many top pairing guys in this draft. First you see Dickinson, then others say it's Levshunov...etc. Personally, I see a lot of top 4D.

When I look at the forwards vs the D, I see a lot of top 6F vs top 4D which equal chances of some turning into top line forwards or top pairing D.

So if we draft Parekh, we think he can be a #1 but if we draft Iggy, he can't be a top line forward? I think lots of fans are falling into this trap with all that D talk.
Maybe. I admit I’m point watching as I haven’t seen them play. Parekh’s totals are pretty damn good. I think no matter what, half the fans will be disappointed with whoever they pick

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
The more I think of it, the more I want Sennecke if Demidov and Lindstrom are gone at 5. He fits both the size and skill/IQ camps. I really think he could be special once he gets more comfortable with his size as his skating improves.

Sigh, there's so many players I want in the top 12 of this draft, it's hard to nail down a target.

Wish we had another pick. Walking out with two of Iginla/Sennecke/Catton would set us up pretty.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Maybe. I admit I’m point watching as I haven’t seen them play. Parekh’s totals are pretty damn good. I think no matter what, half the fans will be disappointed with whoever they pick

I have heard E Karlsson talk with Parekh (Ceiling level). Of course he has that offensive ability but so does Hutson. Personally, I look deeper than the points. Catton and Parekh are flashy with their point totals yes. But how does the international numbers look?

With Catton, his age 18 season was basically last year. His U18's don't measure up to Iggy's this past year which was his age 18 season.

With Parekh, where is the U18's sample? Why didn't he play last year? I'm not sure why to be honest. Then I look at how many NHL drafted players were on his CHL roster. 8! That has ripple effects in terms of how someone like Parekh can take advantage.

If I had a pick from 8-13, I'd be all over these two.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Huh? I thought everyone was an MD here...

giphy.gif
Nah, you just need to ask Dr Recchi.

• Haha
Reactions: Leto

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: