• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Agreed but let's be honest, with herniated disk you have to have a bit of pause. I don't think it is a deal breaker but like you said he could be there at #5 because of it
I mean, i’d guess there's a large % of players actively playing with herniated discs, to varying degrees of severity.

Unless there's something that says this injury is catastrophically bad and career limiting or threatening.

Seems a lot of fuss over something that doesn't appear to be too serious.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
If you want argue a position, maybe make points in the discussion instead of "you're wrong."

Yes, the point isn't buinling a team with everyone under 6 foot. The point is teams that win now have fewer players under 6 foot, and teams are bigger because of that. You can win with a few players under 6 foot. But not too many.
There is nothing to argue here. Smaller players win all the time and often they are their teams best player. Spin it how you wish.

Reactions: ReHabs

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Can we give the cup to a southern team no one gives a shit about and move on to the draft already? The cup at the moment feels like a trophy reserved for teams who haven’t won it yet

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
There is nothing to argue here. Smaller players win all the time and often they are their teams best player. Spin it how you wish.
There's no spin. Smaller players can be key players on cup teams. That's established in our conversation.

But there cannot be too many of them and teams are bigger compared to the 80s and 90s. If you want to refute that go ahead.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I mean, i’d guess there's a large % of players actively playing with herniated discs, to varying degrees of severity.

Unless there's something that says this injury is catastrophically bad and career limiting or threatening.

Seems a lot of fuss over something that doesn't appear to be too serious.
Seems like every forward player except Celebrini have some negative issue. So Demidov would be too small and not dominant once he plays nhl rinks.
Linsdtrom might have disc problem and could be injury long term risk.
Catton too small.
Eiserman have many flaws. Maybe not good work ethic.
Iginla not fast enough, not enough elite talent and not great hockey IQ.
Sennecke is projected 10th to 14th.
Etc.

Lot of misinformation, rumours, propaganda, web site bandwagon and flavor of the day.

I'll be happy what Habs will pick, they know better than me and everybody here except one person.

Reactions: BLONG7 and 417

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Go big or go home. We really need to just pick the player that has the most potential to be that game breaking forward for us even if they have flaws we have to keep playing this lottery until we hit the jackpot.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Seems like every forward player except Celebrini have some negative issue. So Demidov would be too small and not dominant once he plays nhl rinks.
Catton too small.
Etc.

Lot of misinformation, rumours, propaganda, web site bandwagon and flavor of the day.

I'll be happy what Habs will pick, they know better than me and everybody here except one person.

Yep....and this is why I think there's actually a real chance to see that pick traded this year, all depending on the opportunities out there. Fact is, there's Celebrini and the rest in this draft....it's unusual to not have at least a top 3 consensus pick.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Catton too small.
Etc.

Yep.

In fact even with Crosby some people thought that he was a bit small and some out west prefered Brule..go figure.

in Lindstrom's case, I am in minority but even full healthy I don't have him Top 5.

I like him and he will have a very good career but I question his lack of IQ...the most important quality that a hockey player should have......way more important for me than Size and Speed.

His Iq and his vision are average and I am generous.

I have Celebrini, Demidov Catton , Sennecke and maybe Iginla before him.

It is a toss up for me.between him and Iginla

Reactions: ReHabs

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I’ll do it, Silayev has the potential to be a better defenseman than Ghule and his floor is still a shutdown top 4 type of defenseman, and we would be lucky to get a player as good as Necas at #5 otherwise.

Necas is basically a 50-60 pts player right now. Iginla will be there at 5, and he's got a high likelyhood of getting to that level

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
There's no spin. Smaller players can be key players on cup teams. That's established in our conversation.

But there cannot be too many of them and teams are bigger compared to the 80s and 90s. If you want to refute that go ahead.

How many is "too many"?

What defines "smaller players"?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad