• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's really too bad because he was exactly what we needed. Seems like he is falling out of the top5 concensus wise now too due to these factors so there's practically zero chance Demidov falls to us now, as the gap is greater and he's almost quasi-guaranteed to be the 2nd forward taken.

Hes not falling out of top 5 consensus and it's not 0 chance for Demidov I just asked Chris Peter's and he said it's 50/50.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's really too bad because he was exactly what we needed. Seems like he is falling out of the top5 concensus wise now too due to these factors so there's practically zero chance Demidov falls to us now, as the gap is greater and he's almost quasi-guaranteed to be the 2nd forward taken.

Said this like 50 times now with Lindstrom. The high end potential is there but I just don't think he is a center in the NHL. His skating, shot, and work ethic is top notch. How is his hockey IQ and play making? When I nit pick video watching with him, I don't see a lot of vision. I see a north/south hard worker with good skating/shot power. He's a power forward winger to me but I have a wide range in his ceiling vs base. One of those picks that could really pay off or make you look like Timmins. lol.

I have Lindstrom ranked 6-10 range for a while now. Injuries and no U18's will scare some people away and rightfully so. Especially when you are talking top 5.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
All his best moments have been in the playoffs and the WJCs. I wouldn't write off Mesar cause he's had two cold streaks after the WJC. Everything else has been pleasant and indicative of a guy who can make big plays in big moments and has a lot of skill.

He's a boom or bust guy but isn't that what we've been asking for?
not giving up on him, but i havent seen much enthusiasm there.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I want us to keep the pick guys, but if he considers trading #5 what young forward would it take, to grab your attention in order to facilitate a trade??
Is it Zegras? Who else could be available ?

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I want us to keep the pick guys, but if he considers trading #5 what young forward would it take, to grab your attention in order to facilitate a trade??
Is it Zegras? Who else could be available ?
Hope not

He's (Hughes) trying to sell us a dream based on a certain identity. Trading the pick for Zegras goes against that.

You wanna trade the pick, there's been mumblings that Brady Tkachuk might have asked out, you offer the 5th and add some to it and see if Ottawa is willing to listen.

I ain't trading it for neither one of Zegras or Necas

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
Hope not

He's (Hughes) trying to sell us a dream based on a certain identity. Trading the pick for Zegras goes against that.

You wanna trade the pick, there's been mumblings that Brady Tkachuk might have asked out, you offer the 5th and add some to it and see if Ottawa is willing to listen.

I ain't trading it for neither one of Zegras or Necas
Oof. If Ottawa lose Brady... That's gonna put them back 5 years. Can't imagine he wouldn't want to walk the same path as his brother. That means not staying in a Canadian market (like father like son).

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I would trade the 5th pick, the 26th pick, our higher first rounder next year, and Harris or Struble for Brady Ktachuk.

Last edited:

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I would trade the 5th pick, the 26th pick, our higher first rounder next, and Harris or Struble for Brady Ktachuk.
I think they'd want toughness on the Blueline I could see them ask for Xhekaj, Owen Beck and our 5th assuming there are talks etc

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
So you are comparing him to Dionne after a stanley cup playoff goal? lol. I'm generally curious what you know about the kid that makes you think he's toxic.
You're welcome to disagree, but his style clearly shows it. After decades in the sport you become in tuned to it - which is why smart gms pass and let rookie gms get all excited about the shiny new toy..

He would not have fit it with culture HUGO is clearly trying to build. Along with 4 other gms who passed on the "second best talent of the draft".

Now, would i have preferred Leonard to Reinbacher? Meh 50/50, and i think Hugo made the right choice.

Torts is gonna have a field day with this kid... briere hasnt a clue.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
I was looking at some vids on these kids and I have to say...if it wasn't for Lindstrom's size, I would be, hands-down, interested in Iginla over the other forwards. If you account for size...I don't know...I picked Lindstrom in the poll but I may be ever so slightly leaning towards Iginla now. I'll have to trust what our management believes I guess.

Haven't looked into the D's yet so no comment.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Said this like 50 times now with Lindstrom. The high end potential is there but I just don't think he is a center in the NHL. His skating, shot, and work ethic is top notch. How is his hockey IQ and play making? When I nit pick video watching with him, I don't see a lot of vision. I see a north/south hard worker with good skating/shot power. He's a power forward winger to me but I have a wide range in his ceiling vs base. One of those picks that could really pay off or make you look like Timmins. lol.

I have Lindstrom ranked 6-10 range for a while now. Injuries and no U18's will scare some people away and rightfully so. Especially when you are talking top 5.
So put him on the wing.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Still prefer Catton at 5, we should be able to nab an excellent young prospect no matter how it goes, I’d be disappointed with a dman. I don’t think we will be selecting one with our top pick under any circumstances.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Langway was good but massively overrated. Him winning over Coffey may be the worst Norris vote ever. Langway got all kinds of credit because the Caps had a huge bounce in the standings after that move but there were other factors involved. Good player but nowhere near as good as his reputation. The Norris trophies were whacked out.

A 33 point stay at home blueliner should not be second to Gretzky in Hart voting (beating out Trottier) or winning a Norris over a guy who has 100 points more than he’s got. Absolute madness. There is no world where that makes sense.
I don’t think he was overrated. He was great defensively, possibly the best ever. The Hart is most valuable to your team and he definitely fit the bill there, I don’t have a problem with it. Coffey Benefitted from a 200 point forward there. I actually thought Bourque was more deserving than Coffey, 96 points, way better defensively and no 200 point forward to play with.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don’t think he was overrated. He was great defensively, possibly the best ever. The Hart is most valuable to your team and he definitely fit the bill there, I don’t have a problem with it. Coffey Benefitted from a 200 point forward there. I actually thought Bourque was more deserving than Coffey, 96 points, way better defensively and no 200 point forward to play with.
He got a lot of hype because the Capitals had a bounce back season. He was a solid stay at home blueliner who got wildly overrated because of this.

There is absolutely no way he should’ve got those votes.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Agreed.

I just don't see much evidence of high end skill and have concerns about IQ and vision.......the back injury is also concerning for a player who may need to really lean on his physicality to be effective. There are some shades of Josh Anderson here, both good and bad. He has some Evander Kane upside minus the behavioural issues, maybe even Chris Kreider but there are some red flags that require a closer look.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Still prefer Catton at 5, we should be able to nab an excellent young prospect no matter how it goes, I’d be disappointed with a dman. I don’t think we will be selecting one with our top pick under any circumstances.
From here on in, anyone who mentions Catton as our #5 pick will join the lollipop guild. The Habs are no longer going to be pushed around come playoffs.. this obsession with "skill and speed" but size doesnt matter must end... we have CC, and minime Hutson... thats it, they are the stankhoven(s) to Dallas' monster lineup. There is no more room for sub 6'0 players.

Im not knocking Catton, im sure he will have a successful career, but he just doesnt fit in with our current makeup.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
So you are comparing him to Dionne after a stanley cup playoff goal? lol. I'm generally curious what you know about the kid that makes you think he's toxic.
I will add, that "me me me" debacle so wprried about getting credit, is the very same reason Gilbert was a subpar player.. Ego is a career killer in the NHL, and Michkov with his "i wont even interview with ARZ" can kiss it goodbye. The kid is a primedona and that never works in a professional career.. ffs, he wasnt even welcome on SK, kept getting shipped to Sochi on loan..

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
From here on in, anyone who mentions Catton as our #5 pick will join the lollipop guild. The Habs are no longer going to be pushed around come playoffs.. this obsession with "skill and speed" but size doesnt matter must end... we have CC, and minime Hutson... thats it, they are the stankhoven(s) to Dallas' monster lineup. There is no more room for sub 6'0 players.

Im not knocking Catton, im sure he will have a successful career, but he just doesnt fit in with our current makeup.
For reference:

Bolts 1st cup top 9:

Kucherov 5'11 180
Point 5'10 <180
Johnson 5'8 185
Gourde 5'9 <175
Coleman 5'11 <200

Cirelli 6'1 <200
Killorn 6'1 <200
Palat 6' <200
Goodrow 6'2 <210
2nd cup
Remove Johnson, add Stamkos 6'1 <200
Most recent back to back cup champs won with 4-5 top 9 forwards under 6' & only one over 200lbs

*I'm not advocating for Catton, but personally I wouldn't bat an eye at the Habs adding another <6' forward provided he's an impact top 6 guy with elite skill & high compete.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad