• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Who are our long term "tiny" players?

I actually like Sennecke too but this size obsession needs to end around here
I am not sure that size really matters with the right type of player. I mean I would rather have a 6ft tall player that plays big over a 6ft3 player that plays small and similarly for guys that are on the smaller side. Having said that size is a tool that must be considered in the overall package. I am not sure that slaf would be as efficient in a 5'11 body.

I like Iginla and Sennecke a bit more then lindstrom but but not by a mile. I hope Catton continues to drop so we can pick him with our second pick (by moving up slightly). To me this draft means we have a shot at one of Leshvinov, Demidov, Iginla, Sennecke or Lindstrom. That makes me very happy.

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
Reinbacher a waste of a top pick? Care to elaborate. Seems pretty early to call him Reinbuster. Lets give him a couple of years before we judge if it was a good pick or a waste of a pick. We were quite patient with KK

Yup, should have waited till this year to draft a D. Passed on Michkov and Leonard, I doubt he will prove me wrong, if he does I'll own it.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I am not sure that size really matters with the right type of player. I mean I would rather have a 6ft tall player that plays big over a 6ft3 player that plays small and similarly for guys that are on the smaller side. Having said that size is a tool that must be considered in the overall package. I am not sure that slaf would be as efficient in a 5'11 body.

I like Iginla and Sennecke a bit more then lindstrom but but not by a mile. I hope Catton continues to drop so we can pick him with our second pick (by moving up slightly). To me this draft means we have a shot at one of Leshvinov, Demidov, Iginla, Sennecke or Lindstrom. That makes me very happy.
Even Bergevin couldn’t screw this up. Well …. maybe, let’s think about that again.

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77 and Habs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes, his size is the reason the guy I was responding too was pushing for him. Because he believes we're so tiny as a team we need to exclusively draft 6'3 and higher guys.

Size with weight is more important than just height. In a lot of cases, guys around 5'-11 or 6'-0" have the right height/weight combo (like Suzuki).

One of the reasons why I like Iggy a lot. He already has weight and is one of the youngest. Probably tops out around 6'-1" and 200-205 lbs. That's like Suzuki. Eiserman is another.

In terms of building a contender, we do need to be careful with too many smaller types like Caufield and Hutson. That's enough. And I think Gorton/Hughes agrees. Our last two top 5 picks are Slaf and Reinbacher. Big guys with good skating and have skill.

Reactions: cphabs

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I can see this core being Cup contenders one day... I think

Slaf-Suzuki-Caufield
Roy-Dach-Lindstrom
Mesar-Beck-Newhook

Hutson-Reinbacher
Guhle-Mailloux

Fowler
Bold to have Mesar in there. Big on him? Kid seems to have the right attitude, but he's been "meh" to me so far. Always had the sense that he was there because he's Slaf's pal.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Bold to have Mesar in there. Big on him? Kid seems to have the right attitude, but he's been "meh" to me so far. Always had the sense that he was there because he's Slaf's pal.

All his best moments have been in the playoffs and the WJCs. I wouldn't write off Mesar cause he's had two cold streaks after the WJC. Everything else has been pleasant and indicative of a guy who can make big plays in big moments and has a lot of skill.

He's a boom or bust guy but isn't that what we've been asking for?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Wasn’t so bad. Green and even Walter were big contributors to ‘86 Cup, especially Green.
Langway was good but massively overrated. Him winning over Coffey may be the worst Norris vote ever. Langway got all kinds of credit because the Caps had a huge bounce in the standings after that move but there were other factors involved. Good player but nowhere near as good as his reputation. The Norris trophies were whacked out.

A 33 point stay at home blueliner should not be second to Gretzky in Hart voting (beating out Trottier) or winning a Norris over a guy who has 100 points more than he’s got. Absolute madness. There is no world where that makes sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: cphabs

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Langway was good but massively overrated. Him winning over Coffey may be the worst Norris vote ever. Langway got all kinds of credit because the Caps had a huge bounce in the standings after that move but there were other factors involved. Good player but nowhere near as good as his reputation. The Norris trophies were whacked out.

A 33 point stay at home blueliner should not be second to Gretzky in Hart voting (beating out Trottier) or winning a Norris over a guy who has 100 points more than he’s got. Absolute madness. There is no world where that makes sense.
Different era. "Stay at home" d-men can't win the Norris anymore. But Langway was not massively overrated. He was tremendous at what he did. Tremendous,

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Different era. "Stay at home" d-men can't win the Norris anymore. But Langway was not massively overrated. He was tremendous at what he did. Tremendous,
I don’t care how good he was defensively. By all means give him the props he deserves. But Coffey had almost 130 points that season. And Trottier was a fantastic two way player… there is absolutely no way the voting should’ve been as it was. It might be the worst vote I’ve ever seen.

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
Michkov is a case study in the school of mb management..
Im so thankful hes not anywhere near our team..

How so? Seems to be a lot of disinformation on the kid because he's Russian. What have you heard that is so alarming about him?

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
You can count me in as one of those who isn't that high on Lindstrom.

The way I look at it, physically imposing junior players who have questionable IQ/vision and significantly more goals than assists (might sound silly but I don't think it is), plus a concerning injury history on top of that, have big question marks regarding what kind of players they will be at the highest level.
It's really too bad because he was exactly what we needed. Seems like he is falling out of the top5 concensus wise now too due to these factors so there's practically zero chance Demidov falls to us now, as the gap is greater and he's almost quasi-guaranteed to be the 2nd forward taken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad