• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
I just don’t see how Iginla is like Tkachuk. Every player that battles and has an NHL legend father isn’t Tkachuk.
His dad played similar in Kamloops back in the day, difference is that Blazers team was nasty and played a tough game. I don't think he has that physical style his dad has, but he has the vision which could amount to a nice game/career. If you just want goals I'd take that Eiserman kid, if you want a playmaker Catton is probably better. I'd say Iggy Jr is a mix of both those players. Is that the best pick? Who knows, at least it won't be Kotkaniemi or Reinbacher being wasted with a top pick

Reactions: Scintillating10

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I just don’t see how Iginla is like Tkachuk. Every player that battles and has an NHL legend father isn’t Tkachuk.
Ignila shot and heart are same

Hated to see him traded.

I think it was the first-ever Habs’ deal that bugged me.

Little did I know, there would be worse ones in later years.
Langway wanted out. But was bad trade by inexperienced GM

Reactions: Runner77

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
His dad played similar in Kamloops back in the day, difference is that Blazers team was nasty and played a tough game. I don't think he has that physical style his dad has, but he has the vision which could amount to a nice game/career. If you just want goals I'd take that Eiserman kid, if you want a playmaker Catton is probably better. I'd say Iggy Jr is a mix of both those players. Is that the best pick? Who knows, at least it won't be Kotkaniemi or Reinbacher being wasted with a top pick
Reinbacher a waste of a top pick? Care to elaborate. Seems pretty early to call him Reinbuster. Lets give him a couple of years before we judge if it was a good pick or a waste of a pick. We were quite patient with KK

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I'be in favor of paying big to get the Sharks' 14th overall pick if a player like Eiserman or Catton are still on the board and the scouts believe heavily in them. The Sharks are barren on D apparently. They may interested in a package involving the following assets: Jets 1st, Calgary/Florida 2025 1st, Avs 2024 2nd, Pens 2025 2nd, Barron, Struble, Harris.

Quoting this from the Reinbacher thread....

Agree fully. With such a wide open top 10-15 in this draft, and our large volume of pick/prospect depth, it's great timing for KH to be aggressive to move back into the 10-15 range if a player our scouting group sees as having elite potential slips into that range.

Could be a very interesting draft night!

tnq

Feb 16, 2004
Why would KH or anyone other than Mike Grier, tell anyone who they want 5 weeks before the draft?
Did he tell anybody else he would pick Slaf or Reinbacher ? Nobody knew unleast you have 1OA pick with a guy celebrini

Reactions: 417

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Did he tell anybody else he would pick Slaf or Reinbacher ? Nobody knew unleast you have 1OA pick with a guy celebrini

Slaf as we got close to the draft was the pick, there were signs we just didn't read them well.

It was Reinbacher or Leonard for our pick last year and we knew that after the combine.

Reactions: SlafySZN

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He is transparent but he is not stupid

No but neither are other teams. They know what our needs are, they know when our scouts are at games, they use analysis of preference and draft history to help inform their decisions.

Hughes doesn't need to say they want a forward, one look at our prospect pool, NHL and AHL rosters will tell you that.

Reactions: tnq

tnq

Feb 16, 2004
Slaf as we got close to the draft was the pick, there were signs we just didn't read them well.

It was Reinbacher or Leonard for our pick last year and we knew that after the combine.
Ok so can you dare to tell me the guy we will pick. If it is right, i will say sorry to you

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Ok so can you dare to tell me the guy we will pick. If it is right, i will say sorry to you

They don't even know who they are picking yet. After the combine and leading into the draft you'll get plenty of information on who should be going where.

tnq

Feb 16, 2004
I remember Hughes being transparent about them taking a forward among Slafkovsky, Cooley or Wright.
That was right. I thought their choice was between Cooley and Slafkovsky.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
To me, Hughes seems semi-transparent when there is no strategic incentive to keep a poker face. I.e., he was going to pick 1st OV in 2022 unless someone overpaid him. Conversely, he was opaque and cagey about Michkov in 2023, going to the length of interviewing him, while the word on the streets (see Leroux's report early May 2023) was adamant that Michkov was not an option.​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad