• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Sennecke reminds me of Johnston. We already tiny enough
Have thought the same thing.

I try to avoid comparisons to pro, but there are times when they can be illuminating.

Compared Dickinson to Rod Langway not long ago, and while he DOES remind me of Langway, not sure that comp served much purpose.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Everything we hear is that the Habs love Demidov and want him. I'd be comfortable saying he's their 2 behind Celebrini

To me it reads like « no we are not against Russian, because see , we like more Demidov than Michkov » Sounds more like the justification of why they didn’t pick Michkov. They started to leak that the day after the draft to Basu. Because the fans were mad.

With Hughes saying multiple times that position of play is weighing a lot in final decision, i’m not that certain they would pick him before Lindstrom.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm not quite convinced that Columbus is going D, but I'd put the odds of Chicago going D at something like 65-70% and Anaheim even higher, so yeah odds are pretty good one of Lindstrom or Demidov will be available.

Good chance two D are taken from 2-4 yes.

Hawks could go forward (Demidov) or D. They need help everywhere. I think they are taking Demidov. Kane/Toews vs Bedard/Demidov. This puts fans in the seats while they continue to focus on adding more pieces during their rebuild.

Low chance Demidov is available but possible. I think Lindstrom will be on the board. I have him slipping to 6-10 range.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
To me it reads like « no we are not against Russian, because see , we like more Demidov than Michkov » Sounds more like the justification of why they didn’t pick Michkov. They started to leak that the day after the draft to Basu. Because the fans were mad.

With Hughes saying multiple times that position of play is weighing a lot in final decision, i’m not that certain they would pick him before Lindstrom.
As if the Habs would choose a #5 draft selection to " repair a bad selection of the previous season" . Come on !
Habs weren't not the only team interested by the big defenseman, and they' s received offers just to switch their rank by teams that wanted to select the same player.

At one point , fans will need to realize that the Habs weren't the only team to prefer another player than Mitchov. I will add also that the fans of Mitchkov, just see one side of the player; his offensive skills . There are other aspects that teams consider in their evaluation, then the number of goals . Mitchkov creates offensive plays but i don't think that he's the kind of player Habs want. Too much red light s around that guy

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
As if the Habs would choose a #5 draft selection to " repair a bad selection of the previous season" . Come on !
Habs weren't not the only team interested by the big defenseman, and they' s received offers just to switch their rank by teams that wanted to select the same player.

At one point , fans will need to realize that the Habs weren't the only team to prefer another player than Mitchov. I will add also that the fans of Mitchkov, just see one side of the player; his offensive skills . There are other aspects that teams consider in their evaluation, then the number of goals . Mitchkov creates offensive plays but i don't think that he's the kind of player Habs want. Too much red light s around that guy

That’s not my point at all.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Good chance two D are taken from 2-4 yes.

Hawks could go forward (Demidov) or D. They need help everywhere. I think they are taking Demidov. Kane/Toews vs Bedard/Demidov. This puts fans in the seats while they continue to focus on adding more pieces during their rebuild.

Low chance Demidov is available but possible. I think Lindstrom will be on the board. I have him slipping to 6-10 range.
Those Chicago teams also had Keith and Seabrook, and Keith especially was just as important as either of Kane or Toews. Not too mention Bedard already fits the Kane profile of being the small but super productive forward, and so neither Bedard nor Demidov fit the Toews profile of being a big 2-way Selke candidate.

Reactions: bsl

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
You can count me in as one of those who isn't that high on Lindstrom.

The way I look at it, physically imposing junior players who have questionable IQ/vision and significantly more goals than assists (might sound silly but I don't think it is), plus a concerning injury history on top of that, have big question marks regarding what kind of players they will be at the highest level.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Those Chicago teams also had Keith and Seabrook, and Keith especially was just as important as either of Kane or Toews. Not too mention Bedard already fits the Kane profile of being the small but super productive forward, and so neither Bedard nor Demidov fit the Toews profile of being a big 2-way Selke candidate.
And both had just earned roster spots on the Hawks, when Kane & Toews were being drafted - Chi doesn’t have any projected top pairing Dman in their pipeline right now (Rinzel is a work in progress / TBD)

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Hated to see him traded.

I think it was the first-ever Habs’ deal that bugged me.

Little did I know, there would be worse ones in later years.
Langway made it very clear that he wanted to return home to the U.S. to play. Rick Green (and to a lesser extent Ryan Walter) ended up being a very useful player for the Habs, even if he, or a d-man in his mold, would never be drafted first overall in today's era.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

Nothing about the current management group tells me they care about fans opinion at all lol. Fans wanted Wright bad, they went with Slaf, fans wanted Michkov bad they went with Reinbacher. They just don't care what people using elite prospects and hockey db think.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Nothing about the current management group tells me they care about fans opinion at all lol. Fans wanted Wright bad, they went with Slaf, fans wanted Michkov bad they went with Reinbacher. They just don't care what people using elite prospects and hockey db think.
And this is how it should be. It's their job to scout and find the BPA. The spend top $$$ to see the players live. they should have a better understanding of their potential then some "fans" that only see highlights on youtube.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Hawks are gonna ignore their needs on D, the same way lots of dudes ignore leg day.

IMG_9829.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad