• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
A 20 minute dman doesn't go top 5. They're found all throughout the draft in every round. You're not getting a PPG player outside of the first in most cases, and even more commonly they're only in the top 5.
I hope Reinbacher doesn't disappoint you

Eiserman. But I’m okay with any of these guys. 2nd choice would be Lidstrom
Yeah depending on how Eiserman interviews I think his goal scoring prowess may be too good to pass up

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Helenius or Lindstrom, even at 2nd OV for me, Demidov has had 2 serious knee injuries this year and his play style is injury prone, he skates through sticks and players, thats spectacular, but risky. He also needs to get stronger and the top speed is average for an average sized player.

Silayev is my top ranked D on a tier of his own, but we need offense, so he would be my 3rd option. I like Iginla, but I have him a tier below Helenius and Lindstrom since I think his upside is more limited.

He will likely look like a genius in 3 yrs from now, terribly underrated on HF.
You got a great eye, in my opinion. Helenius is soooo good! I'd be ok if the Habs picked Lindstrom or Demidov over him, but for me he is the complete package. This is the kind of player that you need in the playoffs.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
One of the deciding factors they used for drafting Slaf

Very small sample but when I look at who they picked with both Slafkovksy and Reinbacher, seems like they really are thinking also about the PO. At least with their top pick.

It's already obvious that Slafkovsky will be a beast in the PO and if Reinbacher progress as expected,he'll also be the type of D you absolutely need in the PO.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
You got a great eye, in my opinion. Helenius is soooo good! I'd be ok if the Habs picked Lindstrom or Demidov over him, but for me he is the complete package. This is the kind of player that you need in the playoffs.
Lindstrom could become a playoffs beast as well, but yeah, Helenius has a very enticing skills set to go with a very high IQ and compete level, he is a strong forechecker, strong 200 ft player, works the boards extremmely well, good stregth, great in tight areas, shifty, good playmaking/vision, good shot.. I mean, the potential is huge...

I read a french article today, I think it was TSLE and they had quotes of Olli Jokinen, his head coach, comparing him to Pavel Datsuk and Alexander Barkov, a high skills center with a great all around game.

I mean, how do you pass on that?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Lindstrom could become a playoffs beast as well, but yeah, Helenius has a very enticing skills set to go with a very high IQ and compete level, he is a strong forechecker, strong 200 ft player, works the boards extremmely well, good stregth, great in tight areas, shifty, good playmaking/vision, good shot.. I mean, the potential is huge...

I read a french article today, I think it was TSLE and they had quotes of Olli Jokinen, his head coach, comparing him to Pavel Datsuk and Alexander Barkov, a high skills center with a great all around game.

I mean, how do you pass on that?

You don't.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Assuming Habs draft 5-6 or 7, I think they will target Lindstrom, Helenius or Iginla in that specific order.

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
Lindstrom, although his latest health issues may have thrown a wrench in the works. If not, then Helenius is definitely up there for me.

Though I feel like Iginla is the front-runner. And I'd be fine with him as well.

Reactions: Goldenhands

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
Staying at 5th (or better) for me is key. The way I see the forwards in this draft is:

Tier 1
Celibrini

Tier 2
Demidov
Lindstrom (100% healthy)

Tier 3( in no particular order)
Catton
Eiserman
Iginla
Helenius

And with the top D available in Biuim, Dickinson, Levchunov, Yakemchuk & Parekh supposedly going anywhere from 2-8 we have a great chance to draft 1 player from Tier 2 all we need is at least 2 d's to be drafted before our pick to get that and I could very well see a situation play out where Columbus, Anaheim & Chicago pick a D.

Therefore if we can just stay par at 5th and draft Tier 2 or better I'm excited.

If their off there board however I'd very much like Hugues to trade down the pick as there will be a few fallers in the 2nd round this year and can still hopefully get whom they think is best from Tier 3.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I’d like Lindstrom because I think he’s the power forward center that we need, but I think they’ll take Iginla, simply based on how many times they’ve met with him so far… and that’s okay, if he’s anything like his old man, we will have hit a massive home run.

A top 9 (in a couple of years) featuring:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Iginla - Dach - ___
Roy - Beck - Newhook

That looks like a nice mix of skill, speed, and size.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I hope Reinbacher doesn't disappoint you

Yeah depending on how Eiserman interviews I think his goal scoring prowess may be too good to pass up
It'll be a huge disappointment if Reinbacher tops out at the #3 minutes Romanov plays.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Too me Lindstrom, Catton and Iginla all have there strength and weakness, I think Lindstrom size and skill is a package that unmatched, able to generate seperation with is powerfull and quick stride. even if he is just a good Middle 6 he might still be valuable player. The only issue is that all these flashes might be blinding me to is flaws, is production vs. Weaker team is significantly better and playing with very good players…

Catton is just one step of head of everyone and has the skills to take advantage of any situations, is hip injury might explain some issues as the year when on, earlier he look faster (although is top speed is less then ideal) he would just spin off check, guy would bounce off him even if they were bigger, which wasn’t the case later in the year… that being said a hip injury for a hockey player isn’t something to ignore and should be a concern. All that production was done with zero help on avg. team production is very consistent and as performance at every level

Iginla is kind of in between where he probably not the highest upside but might have a higher floor,he is the youngest might of had the best progression and with is dad he might be most ready to deal with the Montréal Pressure …

Not having access to medical records or extensive game tape I think I would still list them as below but I could fine arguments to flip it every single way.
Lindstrom
Catton
Iginla

Reactions: themilosh

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Staying at 5th (or better) for me is key. The way I see the forwards in this draft is:

Tier 1
Celibrini

Tier 2
Demidov
Lindstrom (100% healthy)

Tier 3( in no particular order)
Catton
Eiserman
Iginla
Helenius

And with the top D available in Biuim, Dickinson, Levchunov, Yakemchuk & Parekh supposedly going anywhere from 2-8 we have a great chance to draft 1 player from Tier 2 all we need is at least 2 d's to be drafted before our pick to get that and I could very well see a situation play out where Columbus, Anaheim & Chicago pick a D.

Therefore if we can just stay par at 5th and draft Tier 2 or better I'm excited.

If their off there board however I'd very much like Hugues to trade down the pick as there will be a few fallers in the 2nd round this year and can still hopefully get whom they think is best from Tier 3.

It'll really come down to the interviews.. after Celli, this has got to be the best tier 2 group of A prospects ive seen in a while.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’d go Iggy or Lindstrom, Lindstrom if they think he’s fine and they don’t have any long term injury concerns

My concerns with Lindstrom would be skating at the NHL level. When you target big boys, you better make sure they can skate.

What is his skating report? Because if I was a scout trying to project, I'd be wondering if he becomes someone who drowns once they turn pro... because the game is much faster and there is less time/space. Less time/space does affect so many prospects once they turn pro. Especially for CHL players who are playing against 16/17 year olds and smaller players at 18/19 a fair amount.

Does he have the it factor like B Tkachuk had? You tell me because I have not watched Lindstrom play that much in the CHL. Too bad Lindstrom is not in the U18's due to injury. That would be a great way to evaluate him against the best U18 players in the World... where skating and time/space is a bigger challenge than the CHL/WHL.

I don't hate the Lindstrom pick but I'm only bringing up things to look deeper into. Is he the stud in this top 10 or is he is KK disappointment? In every draft, there is always 2-3 players within the top 10 who are not who you think they will be.

Name me a list of players who were drafted in the 3rd round (WHL draft) and became a star in the NHL? There are some but my gut tells me that list is not that long.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I want them all.

My wish list (assuming we win one of top 2 picks)
-Celebrini
-Demidov

Would be happy with lindstrom or Catton.

Would not be angry if Eiserman is our pick.

Why would you be angry if we picked Eiserman? Seems similar to Tkachuk back when. Not saying he turns into B Tkachuk but the devaluing going on with Eiserman does seem to be out of control.

He's got 6 goals and 7 pts in this years U18's (3 games). I think several of you guys are sleeping on him.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
One of Lindstrom, Iginla, Catton, Eiserman. I'm not as low on Eiserman as most are and nobody is going to move me off of that like they did with B Tkachuk.

* Lindstrom and Catton have played their age 17/18 seasons. A little more mature vs others.
* Eiserman and Iginla have played their age 17 seasons.

I'm leaning on one of Eiserman or Iginla. Two guys who know how to put the puck in the net and both have good size/weight at a younger age.

Last edited:
Reactions: _vivelequebec_

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Is Lindstrom actually the best out of these or is everyone just stuck on the fact that he’s big which hardly ever works out

My gut tells me it's size drool but the kid can play. The area that concerns me is it's only WHL evaluation and I would have loved to see him play in the U18's. A big guy looking good on a good WHL team and against players with 16/17 year olds mixed in has to be considered in evaluation.

He was a 3rd rounder in the WHL draft. Not saying he will bust for sure but I see some areas that need to be looked into. Seems to me that others are being nick picked with flaws and Lindstrom is not.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Lindstrom
Catton
Iginla

That’s my list, though I wouldn’t be upset if Catton is picked. I wouldn’t be upset with Iginla though I would feel a bit underwhelmed. Hopefully Lindstrom’s medicals are clear though… he’s the one I really want… enough I’d seriously consider him if he were healthy and we’re picking #2.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
My gut tells me it's size drool but the kid can play. The area that concerns me is it's only WHL evaluation and I would have loved to see him play in the U18's. A big guy looking good on a good WHL team and against players with 16/17 year olds mixed in has to be considered in evaluation.

He was a 3rd rounder in the WHL draft. Not saying he will bust for sure but I see some areas that need to be looked into. Seems to me that others are being nick picked with flaws and Lindstrom is not.
I don't think he has played enough in his draft year to get a really good read. The nastiness that he is supposed to have, plus his size is an enticing combo though.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think he has played enough in his draft year to get a really good read. The nastiness that he is supposed to have, plus his size is an enticing combo though.

Agreed. I'm not low on him at all but he's not a slam dunk pick for me at 5. The part I always wonder about is who will be the bust/disappointment in that top 10.

No offense to Lindstrom but I'd lean towards one of Iggy or Eiserman. Younger in age, both have size/weight, and know how to put the puck in the net.

If we take Lindstrom, I hope our scouts know what they are doing with the size approach. Of course we need that but that size would have to be a legit top 6 asset in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad