OT: Signatures

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I've never wanted the name of another man on the back of my jersey and I've never understood the significance of him scribbling his name something I own.

Just my little quirk.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
I believe it is the player's parking lot on ground level. Not 100% about that though.

You are correct.

I've never done this before and like Eddy, I don't feel the need, but i always pass through this area to get home from the skytrain. Its past costco, then at the lights, turn left into the parkade. You will usually see a group of people standing outside the gates with their jersey or card books. Its like clockwork before and after games. The players open their windows and you shove things in to be signed it appears.

I've seen players drive in. One time Kesler drove in, a group of 3 girls started screaming and chasing after his car. Its a bit crazy TBH...

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
After the game just jump over the railing and run down the tunnel into the dressing room, they wont mind.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
You are correct.

I've never done this before and like Eddy, I don't feel the need, but i always pass through this area to get home from the skytrain. Its past costco, then at the lights, turn left into the parkade. You will usually see a group of people standing outside the gates with their jersey or card books. Its like clockwork before and after games. The players open their windows and you shove things in to be signed it appears.

I've seen players drive in. One time Kesler drove in, a group of 3 girls started screaming and chasing after his car. Its a bit crazy TBH...

Ah yes the mob :laugh:. Never seen it at GM place, and I'm sure it's not as big as it used to be back when hockey cards and signature collectables were actually worth something, but I remember as a kid going to games at the Pacific Colosseum players actually had to walk outside through the mob to get to their car.

The first time mom took us to get autographs we didn't know the proper place and stood by the a second exit... by the restaurant I think, with a much much smaller crowd and only a couple players coming out that way. But one was Pavel Bure who was friendly enough in the smaller crowd, we all got his signature and I still have that card today :)

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

Yeah, I don't understand the idolization of the players. Just guys like us that are extremely good in their field. I do however understand supporting and respecting these players. I nearly went full fan-girl when I met Ryan irl though. Nearly.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
A kid wanting to meet an NHLer and have them sign something of theirs is strange?

Isnt it like 95% creepy old guys looking to sell autographs on ebay and in their stores that wait outside arenas?

I've never understood autographs or idolization. If it were a historical figure signing a document of relevance I might find it interesting, but collecting the autograph from someone that signs thousands of items is of no interest to me.

putridgasbag

Grand Poohba
Oct 18, 2006
Comox Valley
A kid wanting to meet an NHLer and have them sign something of theirs is strange?

Meeting them fine but signing something? When I was a kid I met a lot of players and not once did I think about getting an autograph. None of my buddies as far as I know ever asked for an autograph. The cool thing was meeting them and getting to say hi or good game the other night. Best one I remember as far as that was getting to see and touch a super bowl ring, was impressive to an 11 year old. What ever floats your boat I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad