"Shout out to my fans in Calgary. You know I couldn't let Edmonton win." - Matthew Tkachuk, and other chirping of his

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Tkachuk is giving the playbook on how not to be hated when you leave.

He was up front. Gave the team options and let them make a good trade (not his fault huby turned into a potato).

Marner should take notes if he wants to be MT or JT if he isn’t staying

Especially if he wants to keep his god status :laugh:

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I was watching videos of the oilers public viewings and there was so much garbage on the floor after they left. People didn't even bother picking up after themselves. Disgusting.

That's what you took from it? I mean you aren't wrong....it is disgusting but:

A. It isnt unexpected and is actually planned for as the focus is on a good time....nothing more (notice where, if any, the garbage cans were)

B. There is no city out there that would be any better

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
How not to be hated? Calgary booed Tkachuk when he returned and rightfully, so did the Isles fans with Tavares. I wouldn't hold Tavares as a standard on how to leave properly.

I do agree that with Tkachuk he does not deserve the hate as he was very transparent with his intentions, unlike Gaudreau. I do think fan ire in Calgary will wane over time towards Thachuk.

I do love these moments of raw emotion after the win. Didn't care for Ekblad using the f word when there are kids watching but to a degree it is understandable, like what Kadri said a couple of years back.

Lol the f word isn't even bad. There are a lot more offensive things than the f word.

Wouldn't you be more pissed if I said "you're uneducated" compared to if I just stubbed my toe in your vicinity and yelled out "f***!"

Like if you stubbed your toe and yelled that my reaction would be to chuckle or ask you if you're ok. Zero offense from me. But if you called me uneducated, I would take offense.

Sorry about the rant. I just don't understand people's obsession with classifying the f word as bad when it's not even inheritenly offensive.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Hilarious seeing Oil fans picking this as something to whine about when it's all finished, saying how he had 3 pts in the finals and how they think "Edmonton lives rent-free in his head". It's probably hard to ignore the fact that Draisaitl also didn't show up for the finals and arguably had much less of an impact than Tkachuk, and their captain did not show up in the last two games.

After all the abuse he received for years on social media from Oil fans during his time in Calgary and throughout the finals with Florida, he just loves sticking it right back at them. Edmonton does not live rent-free in his head, in fact it is the other way around, and he's proven that karma's a bitch! You love to see it as a hockey fan :nod:

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Hilarious seeing Oil fans picking this as something to whine about when it's all finished, saying how he had 3 pts in the finals and how they think "Edmonton lives rent-free in his head". It's probably hard to ignore the fact that Draisaitl also didn't show up for the finals and arguably had much less of an impact than Tkachuk, and their captain did not show up in the last two games.

After all the abuse he received for years on social media from Oil fans during his time in Calgary and throughout the finals with Florida, he just loves sticking it right back at them. Edmonton does not live rent-free in his head, in fact it is the other way around, and he's proven that karma's a bitch! You love to see it as a hockey fan :nod:
I give Tkachuk props are being smart....dude knew he was never winning f*** all in Calgary and was embarrassed in the playoffs in 2022 so he forced his way to a President's trophy winner, and gravy-trained his way to a Cup...smart guy
and let's not forget he had a poor Finals in 2023

also, incredible the Oilers almost won despite a broken Drai (literally) and no Kane in the Final

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
I give Tkachuk props are being smart....dude knew he was never winning f*** all in Calgary and was embarrassed in the playoffs in 2022 so he forced his way to a President's trophy winner, and gravy-trained his way to a Cup...smart guy

also, incredible the Oilers almost won despite a broken Drai (literally) and no Kane in the Final
Knew you would have something to say! You can keep going with the false narrative that Tkachuk and Gaudreau always wanted out of Calgary but the truth is they were both ready to sign long-term deals before Treliving f***ed it all up. And his "poor" finals was also because he was broken (literally) just like your hunchback German, thus they both came out on the wrong end of things.

The double standards are real in OilsNation ;)

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Tkachuk is giving the playbook on how not to be hated when you leave.

He was up front. Gave the team options and let them make a good trade (not his fault huby turned into a potato).

Marner should take notes if he wants to be MT or JT if he isn’t staying
Marner more likely to be Huberdeau .

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

More incredible - teams who won the Cup WITH broken and missing players.
Pens - No Letang
Bruins - No Savard and Horton hurt
Aves - No Forsberg
Bolts - No Stampkos

Last edited:
Reactions: sanscosm

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Probably not a smart thing to say when his performance in the finals was one of the reasons the Panthers almost blew the series. Some winners are truly losers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad