Should the Lightning re-sign Steven Stamkos?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How much, if anything, should JBB offer Stamkos

• He's washed up, don't sign him

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Yeah, what? I don’t see a problem with trying to “suppress” the aav with length. That seems… normal. Especially if both parties agree, it’s not like a kovalchuk situation here.
Yeah. They're being petty. You're really going to "check" on every arbitrary mid 30s contract given to see if it was played out? Really? And if not, then what? What's the penalty in 2029 if Stamkos didn't play the final 3 years because his body breaks down? The league is really worried about this? It's one thing if a team is cooking the books with 10 year contracts and multiple players, but this is wild.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
My honest answer is, I don't know, I'm torn. It's a really difficult situation, but I don't agree that he should get signed no matter the cost. No player is greater than the club, so not a fan of signing players because they "earned" it.

I would be really sad to see Stammer leave, love him for everything he has done, but at some point even heroes get old and change might be the best option..a GM must be able to be ruthless, I'm just glad I don't have to take such decisions.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Yeah. They're being petty. You're really going to "check" on every arbitrary mid 30s contract given to see if it was played out? Really? And if not, then what? What's the penalty in 2029 if Stamkos didn't play the final 3 years because his body breaks down? The league is really worried about this? It's one thing if a team is cooking the books with 10 year contracts and multiple players, but this is wild.

Definitely seems arbitrary. If you're going to make a rule, make it black and white. LTIR cap space won't be created for any player over the age of 34 or whatever.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Definitely seems arbitrary. If you're going to make a rule, make it black and white. LTIR cap space won't be created for any player over the age of 34 or whatever.
Exactly. It's different if we are offering 15 year contracts at 2M X 15, but 3M X 8 was just offered to Paul. Jagr played in the league until what age? Whitney until when? Chelios? If you're making this rule and saying those contracts need to be checked in any way, then you're just arbitrarily stating this guy can play until X age and this one can't based off feelings. That's total bullshit. And that's only the up front part. What's the penalty? A fine? Draft picks? For not structuring contracts the way the league wants? Lol. Pretentious and petty as f***. Old ass regime wants zero creativity alllllll throughout the league from top to bottom.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Exactly. It's different if we are offering 15 year contracts at 2M X 15, but 3M X 8 was just offered to Paul. Jagr played in the league until what age? Whitney until when? Chelios? If you're making this rule and saying those contracts need to be checked in any way, then you're just arbitrarily stating this guy can play until X age and this one can't based off feelings. That's total bullshit. And that's only the up front part. What's the penalty? A fine? Draft picks? For not structuring contracts the way the league wants? Lol. Pretentious and petty as f***. Old ass regime wants zero creativity alllllll throughout the league from top to bottom.

Only way I'd be okay with the rule it is if there is concrete evidence that a team asked a player to sit on LTIR instead of retiring, same criteria as tampering.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Only way I'd be okay with the rule it is if there is concrete evidence that a team asked a player to sit on LTIR instead of retiring, same criteria as tampering.
Yeah. Exactly because that's logical. That tweet just seems like they haven't come to something conclusive so they're just trying to discourage lengthy, low AAV contracts. Sounds like a you problem if I'm a GM.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
IMG_3428.png

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
JJ: - Sorry Steven, but I have tried to trade Cirelli and Cernak...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad