Speculation: Should Jacob Trouba remain the Rangers captain?

Should Jacob Trouba remain the Rangers captain?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Should Chris Drury strip the C off of Trouba's sweater? Drury should strip Trouba of the C. Jacob can't remain team captain. He should not even be given a A. The media better not complain.

How can Jacob Trouba wear the C after the Rangers wanted to move him and the Trouba camp threw up every roadblock to prevent the trade from happening? The media says Trouba is in the right for family reasons. Fair enough. $56M over 7 years. That's what the money is for.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
If the team wants the best leader than let the players choose 1 captain and 1 assistant via anonymous vote.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
He stinks, but he’s extremely well liked by the players, and I don’t care who wears a letter, none of us are in the locker room, so sure he can wear it if there’s not a player mutiny, which there’s certainly not going to be on him.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I feel like the players should be the ones to make the decision.

I don't think the fans are ever the appropriate people to judge who should or shouldn't be captain. There's too much we're not privy to in terms of what happens in the locker room.

And if we keep him, I don't think stripping him of the C to spite him is the right way to go, unless again the other players thought it was the right move or he himself felt it was the right move. No need to make it more of a circus than it already is.

I can't vote in the poll because I think the answer is a lot more nuanced than just yes or no.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
He stinks, but he’s extremely well liked by the players, and I don’t care who wears a letter, none of us are in the locker room, so sure he can wear it if there’s not a player mutiny, which there’s certainly not going to be on him.
... so how are you sure of this?

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Trouba using the contract he negotiated to nix a trade is exactly why he negotiated l the way he did. Drury put himself in this situation, can’t blame Trouba. Yes in some eyes a “real leader” would sacrifice himself for the greater good. But this isn’t war it’s business. If the team responds to a Trouba as a captain then so be it. Let him be captain. That’s for the coaching staff to determine.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Is he? Whenever players are seen hanging out together outside of hockey he’s rarely ever there.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Trouba using the contract he negotiated to nix a trade is exactly why he negotiated l the way he did. Drury put himself in this situation, can’t blame Trouba. Yes in some eyes a “real leader” would sacrifice himself for the greater good. But this isn’t war it’s business. If the team responds to a Trouba as a captain then so be it. Let him be captain. That’s for the coaching staff to determine.

If he refused to waive his NTC for a team on his no-trade list, that’s fine and within the contract he negotiated. If he threatened to refuse to report if traded to a team not on his no-trade list or if claimed off waivers, that’s not okay.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
... so how are you sure of this?

Because of reports saying he would have been the unanimous choice before they didn’t name a captain that one year, and then him being named captain. As well as every single player quote about Jacob Trouba as the leader of the room.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Because of reports saying he would have been the unanimous choice before they didn’t name a captain that one year, and then him being named captain. As well as every single player quote about Jacob Trouba as the leader of the room.

fair enough... honestly i'm not sure how much his great leadership translates to an on-ice impact for the team? Playing with a broken ankle/foot is admirable to a point... but not if your're contributing to team losses.

I don't dislike Trouba, I think he's useful.... at half his cap hit

What are you talking about? He has a 15 team no trade yet is going to basically refuse to report to the team if traded. He is a scumbag on and off the ice.
This is what i'm not getting... he submitted his list... so... trade him to a team not on the list??

Granted if there's no deal to be made atm, then, i get it.

But.. if he submits his list of 15 teams he WONT PLAY FOR, then isn't it in his contract that he HAS TO PLAY for the the teams NOT ON THE LIST if a deal is made?

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
What are you talking about? He has a 15 team no trade yet is going to basically refuse to report to the team if traded. He is a scumbag on and off the ice.

Aside from the reactionary bs, we've been through this already. If he doesn't report, his contract is void! He will report, wherever he ends up at. But that's off the table anyhow, we wont trade him before the season, I don't see it happening. This situation was botched in the worst way possible it seems.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
I voted no, however this has nothing to do with what has transpired lately. What we have to consider, as others have mentioned, is that it seems as though the players made this choice, so I suppose we're not really in a place to argue it.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Aside from the reactionary bs, we've been through this already. If he doesn't report, his contract is void! He will report, wherever he ends up at. But that's off the table anyhow, we wont trade him before the season, I don't see it happening. This situation was botched in the worst way possible it seems.
That's not the issue, the issue is no team is going to bother to trade for him with that type of drama he is going to bring or risk bringing.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad