Islanders Point Blank: Should Isles Get New Goal Song?

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
i loved Live is Life.

as long as the YES YES YES stays, I'm happy. At first I thought it was somewhat silly, but ever since the players took to it, I've loved it.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
I love the Black Keys "Howling" Song.. its perfect for Brooklyn!

Best song so far is Chelsea Dagger with the Blackhawks.. brilliant move on their part.

DVon Du Nord

Apr 30, 2012
Kildare, IE
I love the Black Keys "Howling" Song.. its perfect for Brooklyn!

Best song so far is Chelsea Dagger with the Blackhawks.. brilliant move on their part.

I honestly think the Habs nailed it with their "Allez Montreal" remix. But as songs I can agree that Chelsea Dagger is solid.

It would be awesome if we could come up with an original chant, but some of the songs mentioned in this thread I'd be alright with.

I actually had a Casualties song in mind that I edited for a Sens goal song a few years back. I think it was "Unknown Soldier" and it was the "Woah" part just before the solo. It came out really nice, I'll have to see if I can find it in my computer somewhere.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I'm totally on board with the chorus of Howlin' For You...too bad the Coyotes do it already, I'd like it to be original. But if original means Life is Life or that "Let's Go Islanders" thing we had, I'll gladly copy another team.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
They gotta pick something great because we are going to hear it a ton this season.

How about Taylor Swift haha, "haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate and players gonna play play play play play" LMAO...she really needs to come to games!!

Downeaster Alexa

Jun 17, 2015

The 3:25 mark would be a great part to pick it up at. And still not sure how I feel about altering the song at all, but "Thun-der-struck" and "I-lan-ders" swaps around pretty easy

Last edited by a moderator:

Downeaster Alexa

Jun 17, 2015

Intro the song would be great too. And "Hey Ho, Let's go" swaps out great with "Is-les, Let's Go"

Edit: The video is supposed to be The Ramones: Hey Ho, Let's Go

Last edited:

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
The Black Keys song seems to work, having a very similar 6/8 cadence to "Rock & Roll Pt. 2," but it sounds to me too much like something I'd listen to sitting down - "Bro Hymn" at least carries a lot of energy.

I'd like to see something really high energy make the cut. Something very wakey-wakey. It only makes sense to have something with stronger LI/NY ties, and there are too many rock/punk/hardcore bands (Glassjaw, Quicksand, CIV, Biohazard) with material which would only be a crowd-activating chant away from having something original that gets it "right."

Last edited:

cjdv16

Nov 22, 2005
The Swamp
No.

Leave things that are not broken alone Islanders.

You have a knack for screwing a good thing up.....

see:

Pat LaFontaine
1993 Playoff Team
Pierre Turgeon
Original Islanders Jersey
3rd Jersey attempt #1
3rd Jersey attempt #2
3rd Jersey attempt #3

Just leave the song alone.

Now there will be a huge fan push to break this because one schlep blogger is bored and has nothing to write about during the summer.

Way to go.

DVon Du Nord

Apr 30, 2012
Kildare, IE
I honestly think the Habs nailed it with their "Allez Montreal" remix. But as songs I can agree that Chelsea Dagger is solid.

It would be awesome if we could come up with an original chant, but some of the songs mentioned in this thread I'd be alright with.

I actually had a Casualties song in mind that I edited for a Sens goal song a few years back. I think it was "Unknown Soldier" and it was the "Woah" part just before the solo. It came out really nice, I'll have to see if I can find it in my computer somewhere.

http://chirb.it/L0y28A Ok here is something I've whipped up quickly. This is the song that I was mentioning earlier. And if anyone is wondering, they're from NYC.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
Since songs with the same beat as "Rock N Roll Pt. 2" seem to keep making their way to the list, I counter with "Yadnus" by "!!!" - Known by the Brooklyn hip population (for whatever that's worth ;) ) plus, it's got a little more 'kick' than the Black Keys, IMO.

I'm on my iPhone now, but I'll post a YouTube link after work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad