Should Draisaitl be suspended for his hit on Barkov in Game 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Should Draisaitl be suspended?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Well if you have access to other angles you can see Drai extending elbow and jumping and that is suspension worthy. Luckily league can look at more than what it looked live
It’s a forearm I saw the other angle. The refs didn’t even call a penalty live. That’s how bad it was.

Reactions: BB79

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
How in the world you vote No unless you’re an Oilers homer

Can't change the vote but he should be. I read it as "Will he be suspended". I don't think he will.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Considering soucy got suspended from what he did than Draisaitl definitely deserves a suspension( yes I’m still salty)

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Guy full on launched himself at someone's head, lmfao not a penalty.
View attachment 881502

I mean literally you can see that the point of contact in your damning still is Barkov's right shoulder.

Idk - there's a reason it was called roughing and not a penalty that even has a potential 5 minute major after the refs and linesman has their scrum like say hitting to the head, charging, or elbowing.

You'll notice that the first place contact is initiated is the shoulder, that Draisaitl isn't skating more when contract occurs, that is actually contact itself which causes Draisaitl to leave the ground, and that Draisaitl actually has his right elbow that hits Barkovs jaw tucked and is leading with his left elbow that hits nothing but shoulder.

Hence - not charging, elbowing, or hitting to the head. Not a major. And thus no provision in the rulebook for a suspension.

Reactions: Faceboner

racamdim

Jul 14, 2022
"Whataboutism" isn't even a real word. And it's completely on topic.
Either English isn’t your first language or your vocabulary is woefully deficient.

I’ll help you out. You’re welcome. Should have paid more attention in school.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I mean literally you can see that the point of contact in your damning still is Barkov's right shoulder.

Idk - there's a reason it was called roughing and not a penalty that even has a potential 5 minute major after the refs and linesman has their scrum like say hitting to the head, charging, or elbowing.

You'll notice that the first place contact is initiated is the shoulder, that Draisaitl isn't skating more when contract occurs, that is actually contact itself which causes Draisaitl to leave the ground, and that Draisaitl actually has his right elbow that hits Barkovs jaw tucked and is leading with his left elbow that hits nothing but shoulder.

Hence - not charging, elbowing, or hitting to the head. Not a major. And thus no provision in the rulebook for a suspension.

I wish I was blinded by my fandom as much as you. You literally typed out the contact caused him to leave the ground with a straight face :laugh:

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
If someone’s head is down you should just let them play the puck, no room in the game for hitting guys in that position

Reactions: WetcoastOrca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad