Should Czechia and Switzerland or Germany have Swedens and Finlands spots in 4 nations?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense! Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I'll ignore the premise but Czechs could have sent a team with AHL guys

It's not IIHF so Xhekaj and Ludvig could have joined Rutta, Gudas and Hornek. Toss in Jiricek, Spacek and Svozil from AHL and we are done (or Kral).

We have enough NHL forwards
Pasta, Necas, Hertl, Kampf, Nosek, Lauko, Kulich, Zacha, Palat, Chytil, Vrana, Ivan, Klapka
We have more than enough NHL goalies

not saying we would've won with this but it was possible.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
This "tournament" is not even sponsored by iihf this thing a bunch of mumbo jumbo

I could not care less if czech was in it or not

moropanov

Mar 7, 2015
I think its still most interesting hockey event this 24-25 season because best players are available > so more interest than WJCor WCH. To if czechia or switzerland should have Finland's or Sweden's spot no.. Fin and Swe are much better team's atleast on paper when playing with A roster than mentioned team's and have better international succees also in WCH and WJC levels in bigger picture just clearly better hockey nations there's no argument. Optimal would be if there would be6- 8 team world cup but this is good apetizer for thinks to come from now on and because its best vs best its more of indicator where these 4 nations stand related to each other than WCHs its not official championship, but comparable stuff as summit series typic at its time when Soviets and Canada matched similar typic event. Four best nations of hockey (Russia might challenge For top 4, but they are not counted nowadays and hopefully for long)

Reactions: Czechboy

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
This is dumb, even for the OP.
Im aware that Sweden and Finland have more Nhlers. But its just not about that. Czech, Germany and Switzerland had more sucess last years, does that not count? Should they not be rewarded? And do Sweden have any players of the level of Draisaitl, Stutzle and Pastrnak? I think not.

swissdude

May 18, 2019
In all seriousness I know you're not that excited about your swedes when it comes to hockey but you don't really want to claim that germany or switzerland would do better than finland or sweden... it's an nhl only tournament so no way switzerland could ice a competitive team, we won't pause our league for that and I really don't want to see a team with some nhl players and juniors who play in north america representing switzerland. I don't think anybody beside some hardcore fans do really care for the 4 nations around here. So let the US, CAN, SWE, FIN have fun with it, i couldn't care less

Reactions: Czechboy

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Russia should be reinstated. If Sweden or Finland are against it, they can play Estonia and Latvia and be happy
Russian Ice Hockey Federation leadership is sanctioned by the US and Canadian governments, there's absolutely no way the NHL is going to entertain any cooperation regardless of what the Finns and the Swedes do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad