Prospect Info: SHL champion Elias Pettersson | SHL scoring champion, playoff MVP, WC gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
10 pounds in 6 months is definitely possible. Though there are many factors that play into it. Training routine, genetics etc.

You don't put on just muscle when you bulk up though. It's a combination of muscle and fat. More likely he'll have 3-4 months to bulk, then he'll spend the rest of the off-season cutting to get rid of the fat that was gained with the muscle.

So it's whatever he can gain in 4 months, probably. 10 pounds of muscle in 4 months might not be so easy.

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
10 pounds in 6 months is definitely possible. Though there are many factors that play into it. Training routine, genetics etc.
Canucks should hire Kyle Wellwood as a trainer to help with Pettersson on this over the summer.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Whoa! You win. How long did that take to work off? I still haven't.

A while as I was not very mobile for a while. I went from being in my early twenties and super active to eating 3 course meals and not moving much.

Calorie counting and Southbeach diet got me back on track, once I could be active it really came off quick.

TARS

May 3, 2009
Vancouver
I quit smoking in December and added 10 pounds in 45 days. It's possible. :)

Serious question from a non-smoker that isn't into fitness:

Do you mean smoking inhibited your ability to gain muscle mass or does quitting smoking generally make people gain body fat?

DomY

Aug 11, 2008
Serious question from a non-smoker that isn't into fitness:

Do you mean smoking inhibited your ability to gain muscle mass or does quitting smoking generally make people gain body fat?

Smoking suppresses your appetite, so if you quit smoking you tend to eat more and therefore gain weight.

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
I honestly think we got the forward version of Erik Karlsson in the draft.

Erik Karlsson. The memories of the 2008 draft abound. With the 10th overall pick Vancouver selects Cody Hodgson. With the 15th overall pick Ottawa selects Erik Karlsson. What could have been

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad