Shift disturbers in 2024 Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
What games are these assessments from?

I only know Solberg from his Norway league games on youtube (very bad) and then his World's appearance (very good). It looks like he's improved massively over the year, but it's hard to tell.
Mine was definitely his mid-season play. He grew his game a lot from then up until now. He did a really good job in the playoffs and WC. I raised him in my rankings to the teens

Hallzy

Mar 18, 2022
Carson Wetch and Nathan Villeneuve are a couple absolute pains in the a**

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Tanner Howe is a weird case for me because his flat development curve and short stumpy legs seem to project directly as 'minor-league scorer' but he's a competitive little rat who might overachieve. If he didn't have that competitive streak I'd have his raw size/skills package down around the 5th or 6th round.

Cameron Parr is probably the closest thing to the OP's question in the WHL as a smallish big-time agitator but is nowhere near good enough to be drafted.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
High end guys who are fierce battlers or guys who make sure you know you are on the ice with them:

Demidov, finishes his checks, when he doesn't have the puck he plays the body unless he can outright steal the puck and bolt. Very underrated IMO.

Lindstrom, wish we saw him fully capable in the playoffs. He could have shown what he's really about if he dialed the heat up for the postseason. Should be one of the "worst" of the draft.

Surin, he just puts his head down and works, hits, makes suprisingly skillful things with the puck in contrast to his style of play. Very valuable.

Solberg has fantastic balance to go along with his physically play and that makes him seem like an absolute wall to some forwards. It's no wonder scouts and teams aswell fall in love with his play.

Trevor Connelly: while some would say he was selfish in the gold medal game, I would counter with he has what it takes to pull a big physical play when the stakes are high. Yes this time it blew up in his face but if it didn't we'd be hyping it. Not often thought of side of his game but he could embrace the role and become more valuable thanks to the pestiness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad