Speculation: Shesterkin on contract: I love the team, I love the fans so of course it will be great to stay here. But you never know what’s going to happen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Honestly I think you are right Shesterkin is there best player.

Even though they have Fox and Panarin both studs. If I could have anyone on that team it would be Shesterkin

Panarin got 11.6 a few years ago. Can't see why Shesterkin shouldn't get more.

I can think of two reasons why. Goalies don't play 82 games and you can win a Stanley Cup without a superstar goalie. As good as Shesterkin is, the difference between him and a $6-8 million goalie isn't as great as a $6-8 million skater and Panarin.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I can think of two reasons why. Goalies don't play 82 games and you can win a Stanley Cup without a superstar goalie. As good as Shesterkin is, the difference between him and a $6-8 million goalie isn't as great as a $6-8 million skater and Panarin.
You must’ve never seen those two players play in the playoffs.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Rangers are a bubble team without Shesty. Going to have to pay the man to stay relevant.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Bob got 10.5 when the cap was 81.5m. Assuming the cap goes to 92m, that would be 11.85m. Could see Shesterkin getting around 12-12.5m

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I think $12 million for any goalie is ridiculous, but if any goalie has the right to ask for a record breaking contract, it's absolutely Shesterkin.

If it gets done, I'm guessing it would be like 8 years at $11 million AAV.
For that reason playa I’d let him go. No goalie is worth more than 8 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad