Rumor: Shesterkin’s camp is aiming for a contract which would equate to a netminding record of $12.9M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Look at the Rangers they have a very good goalie and their team is nothing with him.

Great goalies are always going to be less valuable than good forwards. Goalies are voodoo for a reason and are highly volatile. The sooner you come to terms with it the more you will understand.
Sounds like Montreal with Carey but at least the Rangers has good players. Giving that much money for a goalie is not a good idea

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Shesterkin doesn't have a big enough sample size IMO. He's been out of this world and he's also been very beatable. I look at the period when Jonathan Quick came in and damned near won every game during a stretch when Igor couldn't get out of his own way. This team is more than Igor, and if Quick at his age is good enough to get them wins, then we don't need to drop 13m on Igor.

Reactions: luiginb

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He's definitely pointing at his playoff stats with this. Trounces all of the big name goalies over the last 3 years. I'm not 100% sure that this is completely unreasonable.

• Haha
Reactions: Sol

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
A18zsB4.png
Hasek(6 Vezina's, 2 Cups, 3 Cup Final Appearances, highest annual paid $8 million per year), Brodeur(4 Vezina's, 3 Cups, 5 Cup Final Appearances, highest annual paid $5+ million per year), Roy(3 Vezina's, 4 Cups, 5 Cup Final Appearances, highest annual paid $10 million per year), Shesterkin(1 Vezina, 0 Cups, 0 Cup Final Appearances, highest annual paid currently $5+ million per year).

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Put him on the list with Trouba. Adios.

Edit: His numbers say he has to be paid around $11 million. Plus you owe him for the last 4 years of low pay.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
There is no way the Rangers should entertain this. I would hold at 9. If you can get more than that, go get your money. I don't have time for selfishness. Your life is no different at 12M than it is at 9M. Don't be a scumbag. If he insists at 12M+, then I hold at 4 years. No way you're getting that money for 8 years.
That's an extra $32 million. Enough for a Hinda jet so you don't have to go through TSA.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
People act like this is somehow an obscene ask, when Lundvist made 13.67% of the cap with his extension in 2008 and 13.22% of the cap with his extension in 2013.

If you use Lundvist's 2013 number, that would be an AAV of $12.25 million a year for Shesterkin. Which honestly seems pretty reasonable to me.
How did that work out for the Rangers? Igor might be worth it but it means the rest of the team will be built with less room to maneuver. The idea that you are going to pay top dollar for a goalie means that you are going to be relying on him to win a cup and that never works.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
If I played for the New York Rangers or any major sports franchise, and I were one of the absolute best in my sport, I would also ask for the maximum amount of money.
Imagine if the New York Yankees, for instance, did not overpay to get or retain a star player - it just wouldn't be right.
Shesterkin is a true New Yorker.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
If I played for the New York Rangers or any major sports franchise, and I were one of the absolute best in my sport, I would also ask for the maximum amount of money.
Imagine if the New York Yankees, for instance, did not overpay to get or retain a star player - it just wouldn't be right.
Shesterkin is a true New Yorker.
Baseball is different. It's really just a matter of money. If you're greedy in the NHL, you're literally the reason why teammates have to be let go. The reason why people have to get traded, why their kids have to leave their friends and change schools. Some of that is just the business, but you put it on yourself when you're a pig. Those are people you know. People you're friends with. Your kids might even be friends with your kids. Their wife may be popular among the other WAGS. Would you be able to look a friend in the eye and cut his throat for extra money? Would you want the whole teamfeeling like you broke up the band for greeds sake?

Reactions: Daishi

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What’s the point of NY city attractiveness if all the players are going to ask for the moon anyways? It’s like a blessing and curse. You have great players wanting to play in NY, but those same players want f*** around money while they enjoy NY anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00