Tribute Sheriff Bart

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Hey all, I’ve got some terrible news to share. As some of you may have known, huge Caniac and long time denizen of hfcanes, @sheriff bart was diagnosed with a fairly aggressive cancer late last year. Unfortunately, he passed away this April.

I wasn’t lucky enough to ever meet up with him at a game, but I hope some of y’all were able to, because he seemed like a genuinely incredible, caring, and humble person. This board and this world are a much dimmer place for his loss.

I wish I had something more profound to say here, but I don’t. We lost a hell of a guy, and hfcanes won’t be the same going forward.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Feels so weird to hit “like” for something like this but I am glad you posted it. Always loved seeing his input whether it was analysis or jokes. He was great for both.
all of this. Bart was a great source of humor during more tense games or tense discussions, and had some good insights into things I had not noticed. Going to miss those inputs.

Also, **** cancer.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Terrible news.

I often wonder about some of the posters that were super active and then just disappeared. Vagrant, Roboturner, totalkev, saskcanesfan, AndreiThreeK. I hope it's just lost interest.
vagrant pops back up from time to time

you can find totalkev on the hockey and canes subreddits, his name is "theekevnc" or something alone those lines

roboturner definitely got himself intentionally banned

not sure on the others

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Damn, terrible news. Echoing Dave, he was one of my favorite posters here, almost always with something that cracked me up. It feels odd to say this about someone I've never met, but I'll miss him. Thanks for letting us know, SbAhos, and it might be nice for someone in his family to see how much this group of oddballs liked and will miss him.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Terrible news.

I often wonder about some of the posters that were super active and then just disappeared. Vagrant, Roboturner, totalkev, saskcanesfan, AndreiThreeK. I hope it's just lost interest.

Kev is active on Reddit. Robo kinda is, I know I've seen his screen name there before, he posted something about life in Kentucky and I specifically remember here at HF he did the same. Has to be the same person.

I *think* there is a Andrei3K and a SaskCanes name there as well. Vagrant I thought was here during the NYI series

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad