GDT: Sheldon's Twenty: The Nose Plays - Your New Jersey Devils (1-0) vs. Buffalo Sabres (0-1), Global Series 2024 Part 2 - Czechia, 10 AM ET, MSGSN

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
It was reported we offered the same deal. We just were going to waive him and send him down for a little bit for cap reasons. If we weren't spending 1.15 on a waste of space rather than the min we could've did it without needing to do that.

That's not the calculus and you know it. If they had to waive Labanc at all, Columbus just takes him outright. They could've waived MacDermid and signed Labanc, but Labanc doesn't dress in a healthy forward lineup.

Re: This game - last season the Devils had exactly one two game stretch where they gave up 2 or fewer goals, this season they also have one.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Fine I'll hop into the Paul Cotter hype train, choo choo! :)
1728150436819.png

1728150468841.png

Me too....me too.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I think a 4C should still be the target at the deadline (Faksa, Evans, Sturm as potential targets)

Top 6: Nico, Jack, Meier, Tatar, Mercer, Bratt
Bottom 6: Haula, Lazar, Palat, Cotter, Noesen, Sturm

for example assuming the

A Cotter-Sturm-Lazar 4th line could do some damage

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I think a 4C should still be the target at the deadline (Faksa, Evans, Sturm as potential targets)

for example assuming the

I do agree center help is needed but I also don't think they'll go into the playoffs relying on Tatar again.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I do agree center help is needed but I also don't think they'll go into the playoffs relying on Tatar again.
If you don't trust Tatar in the playoffs you move Palat (proven playoff stud) up into the top 6, cotter up to line 3 and Bastian onto line 4

Hughes-Bratt-Mercer
Nico-Palat-Meier
Haula-Cotter-Noesen
Sturm-Bastian-Lazar

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Hasek is kind of notoriously an asshole and is known to be very rude with fans. The Sabres have done a couple of events with him over the past few years and he always does the bare minimum and leaves early.

IDK if he was in Czechia for this event but it wouldn't surprise me if the Sabres either didn't ask or if they did ask and he refused.
Hasek is an idiot. He has stupid actions now, he had them before, he was pain in one place as a player and teammate. But he was very talented sportsman. Like no one and it was a joy to watch his game. No one can be ideal.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Hasek is kind of notoriously an asshole and is known to be very rude with fans. The Sabres have done a couple of events with him over the past few years and he always does the bare minimum and leaves early.

IDK if he was in Czechia for this event but it wouldn't surprise me if the Sabres either didn't ask or if they did ask and he refused.

Hasek is an idiot. He has stupid actions now, he had them before, he was pain in one place as a player and teammate. But he was very talented sportsman. Like no one and it was a joy to watch his game. No one can be ideal.

Thank you both for confirming what I had in my head. Remembered that Hasek was a bit of a jerk.

Reactions: Guadana

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I believe it was reported that Hasek wasn’t involved because he disagrees with the NHL allowing Russian players during the country’s invasion of Ukraine. He’s been very outspoken about it.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
You would have played 11 forwards today just to keep LeBanc?
He could have been signed or told NJ was going to sign him in while still in Newark. He probably wasn't given either message and was simply allowed to walk.

Anybody seen what his contract with Columbus is.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto

for example assuming the

I could be okay with Bastian as the 13th, we will need some depth for the playoffs but I view him as an above average 4th liner.

Tatar I am fine with in the regular season but come playoffs, I do not have faith in him. I would want us to upgrade on that spot at the deadline to give the top 6 more scoring.

If you don't trust Tatar in the playoffs you move Palat (proven playoff stud) up into the top 6, cotter up to line 3 and Bastian onto line 4

Hughes-Bratt-Mercer
Nico-Palat-Meier
Haula-Cotter-Noesen
Sturm-Bastian-Lazar
I don't hate that but depending on how the season goes, I would also like to see us add another top 6 piece. We are set on the back end and should be trying to win the cup. I don't need to see several moves, one top six forward to me would be sufficient.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I could be okay with Bastian as the 13th, we will need some depth for the playoffs but I view him as an above average 4th liner.

Tatar I am fine with in the regular season but come playoffs, I do not have faith in him. I would want us to upgrade on that spot at the deadline to give the top 6 more scoring.

I don't hate that but depending on how the season goes, I would also like to see us add another top 6 piece. We are set on the back end and should be trying to win the cup. I don't need to see several moves, one top six forward to me would be sufficient.

Potentially might have Gristyuk

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, the Devils have the two most famous Czech players in history who've played for them. It's an easy choice here, was Hasek involved in anything for the Sabres? Really weird, if not.
I actually thought that was odd that Hasek wasn't there. Is it possible he doesn't even live over there anymore, and just wasn't going to travel thousands of miles over there for that?

They retired his number (apparently it was in 2015, for some reason I thought it was only a few years ago?) so that relationship seems to be alright.

I think Jagr was mostly over there as an ambassador to Czech hockey, not really as Devils alumni. Patty was there for both, and he's still somewhat involved in Devils hockey, which Hasek doesn't seem to be actively involved with the Sabres or any NHL team.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At least it's not gonna take 5 times to beat Lindy. Maybe he just doesn't refuse to lose to us like Pete and Hynes!:sarcasm:

We still ain't beaten Hynes once lol.

In fact, we went 2-0-0 against the Wild last year, and played them both times early in the year. Before the coaching change when Hynes was brought in.

Apparently we don't play the Wild until the end of March, where we'll face them in one of those weird, rando home and home's against an interconference team.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad