GDT: Sheldon's Twenty: The Nose Plays - Your New Jersey Devils (1-0) vs. Buffalo Sabres (0-1), Global Series 2024 Part 2 - Czechia, 10 AM ET, MSGSN

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
It was reported we offered the same deal. We just were going to waive him and send him down for a little bit for cap reasons. If we weren't spending 1.15 on a waste of space rather than the min we could've did it without needing to do that.
That waste of space is an insurance policy

1.15m a year/three years for an insurance policy on ~90m in salary is a good deal

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
It was reported we offered the same deal. We just were going to waive him and send him down for a little bit for cap reasons. If we weren't spending 1.15 on a waste of space rather than the min we could've did it without needing to do that.
I'm with you on the wasteful spending. I do think it makes more sense to save that cap space for the deadline rather than gamble for a guy who had a good preseason, especially if he will be an extra forward or in the AHL the majority of the time.

NJDfan86

Dec 29, 2021
If Mcturd makes the final cuts, that's gunna be an issue. Dude couldn't keep up at all. I honestly don't know if he even touched the puck once this game
maybe i am off, but with the expanded rosters MacD playing over Foote isn’t a good sign for Foote’s status with the team. I hope it’s just an NHL game
And minors for him. Maybe the Devils try to sneak him through when they get back?

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I wonder how much of a mess Casey would look like if he had to play on last years Devils team. It would have felt like his size was really holding him back.

Instead he’s in an actual system where guys know where to be to support the play and he can show he knows what to do.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I wonder how much of a mess Casey would look like if he had to play on last years Devils team. It would have felt like his size was really holding him back.

Instead he’s in an actual system where guys know where to be to support the play and he can show he knows what to do.

Not nearly as good. Guaranteed

Reactions: Devils731

Dylan9z9

LGD 2024-25
May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
*the ramblings continue*

Whatever man. You are confused/pissed as to why Labanc went to Columbus. As myself and others has said, the Devils literally offered him a contract. Due to roster issues and Labancs desire to be a bigger part of a team to help his career, he choose CBJ.

You don’t have to be pissy about something every single day. Devils just DOMINATED, do some joy posting for a change.

Cheers
How am I being pissy because I said they should have kept Kevin Lebanc that's my opinion you're making a mountain out of a molehill as usual .... smh

Reactions: Brooklyndevil

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
20241005_121740.jpg

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
You mean the last couple days or ever?
Hasek is kind of notoriously an asshole and is known to be very rude with fans. The Sabres have done a couple of events with him over the past few years and he always does the bare minimum and leaves early.

IDK if he was in Czechia for this event but it wouldn't surprise me if the Sabres either didn't ask or if they did ask and he refused.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Hasek is kind of notoriously an asshole and is known to be very rude with fans. The Sabres have done a couple of events with him over the past few years and he always does the bare minimum and leaves early.

He also holds some very strong opinions about the NHL and players from a certain country.

I can see him not wanting to be involved.

Reactions: njdevils1982

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

IDK if he was in Czechia for this event but it wouldn't surprise me if the Sabres either didn't ask or if they did ask and he refused.

Beats me why the league didn't send us with the Bruins just for the Pasta factor, the Devils had the Czech greats of the past and then you have the best current Czech player. The Sabres seemed feel off to send us with there if the Hasek thing you said is true (Not doubting it but it would make sense if he wasn't there for any of the events and he's probably their best Czech player in history without a doubt)

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
*the ramblings continue*

Whatever man. You are confused/pissed as to why Labanc went to Columbus. As myself and others has said, the Devils literally offered him a contract. Due to roster issues and Labancs desire to be a bigger part of a team to help his career, he choose CBJ.

You don’t have to be pissy about something every single day. Devils just DOMINATED, do some joy posting for a change.

Cheers
Nobody chooses colombus to further their career haha. Careers die there

Reactions: Dylan9z9

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Beats me why the league didn't send us with the Bruins just for the Pasta factor, the Devils had the Czech greats of the past and then you have the best current Czech player. The Sabres seemed feel off to send us with there if the Hasek thing you said is true (Not doubting it but it would make sense if he wasn't there for any of the events and he's probably their best Czech player in history without a doubt)

Also when are we getting our Switzerland game??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad