GDT: Sheldon's Twenty: The Nose Plays - Your New Jersey Devils (1-0) vs. Buffalo Sabres (0-1), Global Series 2024 Part 2 - Czechia, 10 AM ET, MSGSN

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Might have to alternate Casey and Kov when Pesce is back. Then send Casey down when Luke gets back and tell Casey, “go down there and don’t sulk cause you can play. Go be the best Comet player. Not D, player.”
Casey's the best transition D on the team. You don't sit him. I think you have to at least go 7D for now. Reevaluate how things look when Luke's back.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The added depth from Noesen, Cotter, Dillon, Kovacevic, has significantly raised the floor of this team, they can win without the young stars having to go supernova every night.

Their ability to forecheck is exponentially better and the defensive structure is night and day. It's also nice to have goalies that don't spot the opposing team a 2-0 lead in the first 10 minutes of the first.

This team is clearly more resilient and isn't going to just crumble with a few injuries.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
A good system with players buying into it allows you to have a rookie playing his first games on his off side with a sophomore coming off an injury and look good to great defensively. Sky is the limit with this group

How many times have we said last year that having a good system and coach makes the players better, and some here just didn't understand

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
So uh... we have a (good) problem. You can't sit Casey or Kovacevic.

You can't not play L Hughes and Pesce.

Misyul should be getting looks but he's 9th on a depth chart here ...

Just wow.
As well as he’s done I’d imagine we do send Casey down eventually. It’s the easiest one to explain and justify. Doesn’t have to go through waivers, is only 20 and fresh out of college, still had some mistakes, and they did limit his minutes quite a bit outside of the powerplay. We have an overload and they would have no problem letting him marinate in the AHL a bit and then be the first call up.

I wouldn’t be crazy surprised if they sent Nemec down but I doubt they will. I’d imagine it will just be between Nemec and Kovacevic for the 3RD spot once all are healthy.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We're also a better team. And our fans probably have more disposable income with a lot of fans being close to NYC. But I can see Elias factor coming to play as well.
Well I’m mostly talking the natives and the people who already live over. Not necessarily the people who traveled.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The added depth from Noesen, Cotter, Dillon, Kovacevic, has significantly raised the floor of this team, they can win without the young stars having to go supernova every night.

Their ability to forecheck is exponentially better and the defensive structure is night and day. It's also nice to have goalies that don't spot the opposing team a 2-0 lead in the first 10 minutes of the first.

This team is clearly more resilient and isn't going to just crumble with a few injuries.

The defensive structure was always why I loved the Keefe hire, the Leafs didn't lose in the playoffs because they were just losing games 5-4 or 6-5 in OT but instead they just never got goal support from their big guns. Maybe that becomes an issue for us but we still have to get there with this roster. Also they're much much better equipped to deal with a team like Carolina now than they have the past 5 years with Lindy at the helm.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_9574.jpeg

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
As well as he’s done I’d imagine we do send Casey down eventually. It’s the easiest one to explain and justify. Doesn’t have to go through waivers, is only 20 and fresh out of college, still had some mistakes, and they did limit his minutes quite a bit outside of the powerplay. We have an overload and they would have no problem letting him marinate in the AHL a bit and then be the first call up.

I wouldn’t be crazy surprised if they sent Nemec down but I doubt they will. I’d imagine it will just be between Nemec and Kovacevic for the 3RD spot once all are healthy.

Nemec has been very good defensively, he should stay

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Casey's the best transition D on the team. You don't sit him. I think you have to at least go 7D for now. Reevaluate how things look when Luke's back.
Calling someone who’s played 2 games with around 12 minutes of TOI our best transition D is getting a bit ahead of yourself. Not against 7D when Pesce’s back but I think Casey will ultimately be sent down eventually so that would just delaying it and taking minutes from everyone including him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad