GDT: Sheldon's Twenty: The Nose Plays - Your New Jersey Devils (1-0) vs. Buffalo Sabres (0-1), Global Series 2024 Part 2 - Czechia, 10 AM ET, MSGSN

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
My unpopular opinion is that players need to learn how to avoid head contact in those situations.

Physical players have such a habit of coming up from their legs right before contact, and I understand you have to brace, but it ends up putting all the force straight towards the head regardless of where the INITIAL point of contact is.

I don't expect it to change any time soon but you're gonna have a hard time convincing me that it's impossible to avoid head contact in Dillon's situation.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Was close enough that it could be argued.

Guys get pasted to the boards after a pass all the time. Never called.
Yesterday Tatar passed the puck, the other Devil received it, it was attempted to be passed back to Tatar, then Tatar was hit before the pass got to him and that wasn’t called interference even with there being 2 or 3 hockey plays since Tatar last was with the puck.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Dillon stayed in 1 spot and didn't grab/hold Peterka. Could have just as much of a case for Peterka interference.

Reactions: Devils731

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad