Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe to be named the next head coach of the New Jersey Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Someone tell me how to feel

1716412643442.png

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Meh hire. Could be better could be worse.

Positive: The Leafs stayed competitive playoff these despite having goaltending nearly as bad as us. He also had them playing with structure and we probably have higher end D talent than the Leafs have.

Negative: That structure helped to sap all offense from the team come playoff time.

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Meh hire. Could be better could be worse.

Positive: The Leafs stayed competitive playoff these despite having goaltending nearly as bad as us. He also had them playing with structure and we probably have higher end D talent than the Leafs have.

Negative: That structure helped to sap all offense from the team come playoff time.
we didn't really have structure to begin with, i'll take anything

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Leafs fan in peace. I think this is an excellent hire and easily the best coach available.

Very smart coach, he actually got a lot of results out of a poor roster on paper defensively for many years. Leafs were bottom 5 defensively when he took over and had several years where the team was in the top 15, including a top 7 finish and a year where all metrics were top 10 aside from goaltending.

Players love to play for him. When he was hired in Toronto and they interviewed Marlies who he had coached and won a Calder cup with, the general consensus is guys want to play hard for him.

Strengths:
- X and O type coach who seems to be able to get a lot out of different types of players.
- Extensive experience coaching stars. Both Marner and Matthews were Selke finalists under him.
- Constantly adapting his system each year to fix flaws from the year before.

Weaknesses:
- Large sample size of failing to adapt in a playoff series until it is too late.
- A pattern of the team taking nights off, especially against bottom feeders.
- Some critiscm of being too easy on players when they needed a firm hand

Overall, he will basic guarantee playoffs every year and I would expect to see large leaps in your star forwards specifically in all 200 feet of the ice. Great hire for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad