Sheldon Keefe out in Toronto

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
Never cared much for the Leafs, so I recommend Boucher as their new coach...they deserve each other.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Not going to argue your hypotheticals. Marner is done as a Leaf pretty obvious.

One of the funniest comments ever. Completely hypocritical.

Good luck moving him and that NMC.

It’s the typical Shannaplan. Blame the entire playoffs on one person and everything is “fixed”.

Marner comes back with a new coach playing for that contract. Lights up the league with his best season yet (just like Nylander). Leafs fans love their stars when they are destroying the league in the middle of the year, just check the main board threads every year. Everyone goes “see new coach = new Mitch. This new $15m contract is a steal”.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Ya, woulda thought Toronto media woulda been on him a bit more I guess- pretty clearly an F1 car driven by Mr. Magoo. Or a better comparison- the warriors made the playoffs under Marc Jackson, I believe, but they knew the roster was better than the results and brought in Steve Kerr and co. The rest is rings, but they made that switch right away. Toronto seemingly missed their window, but we’ll see.

Worst coaching belongs to the Sabres, though, always.

I don't think they missed their window, I've said it before Yzerman didn't win until he was 31 Ovechkin was 32, the Leafs core is still in their 20's they have time, and they seem to have another waive coming, at least up front with Knies, Robertson, McMann all contributing this year, and Cowan, and Minten looking good too.

At least as far as forwards go they seem to be in good shape.

As for Sabre coaching they have sucked too, but they have also had less to work with than Sheldon Keefe, with all due respect to the guy in your name he is not Auston Matthews, there is no Marner level player, or a Nylander.

And I'm just not sold on the UPL/Levi tandem either.

Reactions: Voight

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
One of the funniest comments ever. Completely hypocritical.

Good luck moving him and that NMC.

It’s the typical Shannaplan. Blame the entire playoffs on one person and everything is “fixed”.

Marner comes back with a new coach playing for that contract. Lights up the league with his best season yet (just like Nylander). Leafs fans love their stars when they are destroying the league in the middle of the year, just check the main board threads every year. Everyone goes “see new coach = new Mitch. This new $15m contract is a steal”.

Imagine hating a team this much. It's not that serious.

Marner is a great player and will go on and be a franchise player for another team and likely loved. He can't play another game in Toronto though. Whatever potential in the postseason he has, he won't so it in Toronto.

Reactions: Voight

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Hahahahaha.

When Matthews doesn’t score, Marner does nothing again…fire the coach I guess.
not sure if u remember what the Muskoka 5 were. this is basically the new aged Muskoka 5 except we prob wanna keep atleast 2 of them.

also first of many to go. we will see on Marner or Tavares but they hold all the cards. if they dont wanna leave. they arent leaving unless bought out

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
I imagine they do like Leafs usually do: Hire new coach to work same loser core with subpar defense and goaltending.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
A couple of seasons too late but inevitable.

Treliving didn't fire Keefe at first because it gives him this opportunity to switch coaches and delay attention on him by another year. It's crafty.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Maybe in a few years they might around to finally firing Shanahan too. No hurry since the franchise is making tons of money anyway.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It has almost definitely been posted, but that Keefe goodbye video was legitimately great. You usually just see nothing or some canned public statement when a coach gets fired. Keefe taking responsibility for the team not getting it done and being really thankful and polite to the Leafs organization was a really classy thing to do.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Imagine hating a team this much. It's not that serious.

Marner is a great player and will go on and be a franchise player for another team and likely loved. He can't play another game in Toronto though. Whatever potential in the postseason he has, he won't so it in Toronto.
Where is the hate? It’s called seeing an obvious pattern. I hate the Leafs because I think Marner will re sign? If that’s the best you can do, you are winning no one over.

That’s another great HYPOTHETICAL situation. The best predictor of the future is the past.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
The problem with Sheldon is quite frankly he's too nice of a guy.

The problem with the Leafs wasn't Keefe or Dubas; it is Shanahan.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Hahahahaha.

When Matthews doesn’t score, Marner does nothing again…fire the coach I guess.
Do you believe that Keefe should remain the coach of the Leafs?

I understand that trolling is basically the de facto mode of posting on here, but it seems really low effort to try to turn the Leafs making a logical move into some sort of gotcha because they didn't also make other moves at the same time despite those other moves being impossible right now.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
It has almost definitely been posted, but that Keefe goodbye video was legitimately great. You usually just see nothing or some canned public statement when a coach gets fired. Keefe taking responsibility for the team not getting it done and being really thankful and polite to the Leafs organization was a really classy thing to do.

Yea, hes a class act.

Went above and beyond with that, instead of some statement written by a. PR expert.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Keefe got a lot of respect points for the video. People can shit on him for not being able to get the job done, but that video was all class.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad