Sheldon Keefe out in Toronto

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Hahahahaha.

When Matthews doesn’t score, Marner does nothing again…fire the coach I guess.
Crazy thought, but what if Keefe AND the core 4 were part of the problem? The Leafs have only won 1 series under Keefe and they just went 1/21 on the PP vs Boston.

The Leafs need a fresh voice and someone who will hold the players accountable. I also doubt Keefe is the only move the Leafs will be making this summer.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
maxresdefault.jpg

giphy.gif

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
It was a given that Keefe had to be fired. The lack of success in the playoffs made it inexcusable to keep him. He’s a decent coach but it was clearly time to move on.

At the same time, the Leafs are probably just going to fire him and do nothing else, which isn’t going to solve their issues whatsoever. They’re absolutely going to scapegoat him and maybe Marner while ignoring the cancer at the top of the organization.
The cancer is on the ice now

2 out of 3 cancers in coaching/managerial roles are gone

Dubas is gone

Keefe is gone

Shanahan 1 more year before his deal expires

2 cancers on the ice are marner and tavares. 3 and 2 pts in 7 gsmes vs that boston team lol

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Crazy thought, but what if Keefe AND the core 4 were part of the problem? The Leafs have only won 1 series under Keefe and they just went 1/21 on the PP vs Boston.

The Leafs need a fresh voice and someone who will hold the players accountable. I also doubt Keefe is the only move the Leafs will be making this summer.
Keefe has also had his warts while coaching the Leafs. Special teams is the big one. He's handcuffed regarding the offence when he has had such a poor defence regarding their offensive capabilities, and the stars have not pulled their weight. But he should've figured out something for the power play. Even teams that suck ass can usually do that if they try hard enough.

He's a good coach, and should receive another coaching job at some point. And he will probably have a pretty good career as an NHL coach.
I don’t disagree, but this has a lot to do with them being handcuffed due to the clauses on the core’s contracts.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
this was something Treliving had to do no doubt about it... it was a very easy and safe decision to do this. The real question now will be just how ballsy Treliving is and what he will do next

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Doesn't matter who's coaching the roster as is. They aren't doing anything in the post season but lose.

Reactions: Pez68

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Never understood the hype in this guy, the media thought he was the next Scotty Bowman from all the years they pumped his tires.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad