Sheldon Keefe hired as new head coach of the Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Coaches are hired to be fired.

St Louis is like the 6th longest tenured coach in the league and he started what, 2 years ago?

So yeah, they probably will.

But no more than apparently almost every other team after two years with their coach lol
Had to google that cause it just felt like it couldn't be right, there had to be way more longer tenured coaches then St Louis.

according to Wikipedia though the Hab's coach is the 5th longest so...even worse:oops:
List of NHL head coaches - Wikipedia

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Amazing. All five of your points completely miss the mark; the law or averages would suggest at least one would be accurate.

As a frequent critic of Bratt in the past, I was the first to give him credit for his play in all three zones last year. The same could not be said of many of their other young talents.

And the only one who."ruined" Timo Meier last year was Timo Meier.

As for a re-tread, that is basically a coach who failed somewhere else that is gifted a job with another team.

That describes Keefe to a tee.

Jerry Keefe would have been a far better option.

This EXACT same thing was said about DeBoer when we hired him in 11-12, how'd that work? DeBoer actually had a way worse record than Keefe, LMAO. But keep up with your hyperbole that you so love to do on HF with regards to the Devils.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
One thing that is not indisputable is Keefe's coaching record any where he has coached. Either he is very good coach or a lucky coach.

CCHL .747 %
OHL .670 %
AHL .673%
NHL .665 %

Reactions: HBK27

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
As a general rule I think the good coaches do learn and grow after their rookie job. Vigneault and Tocchet were examples in Vancouver.
I actually thought Keefe did a much better job these last playoffs. It was mostly on the star players.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Not to sound like a homer and I don’t know much about Keefe, however, I think some of the blame goes to a very talented team that seems they can’t handle the pressure of the playoff.
As an outsider this seems like a great hire. Some leaf fans as well as their president seem unable to admit the main reason they keep losing in the playoffs is their roster construction. Every year because of their ridiculous cap distribution, they overhaul the non - core guys every season usually with lesser and cheaper players while not addressing the actual problem of their 40+ million stars doing jack shit.

Keefe, despite significant roster turnover every year that saw more and more tweeners filling spots had the leafs always finishing near the top of the league. If the devil's can get a goalie and stay healthy and the GM decides to exchange some prospects for some pieces further along they could be a top team under him .

On the flip side if Berube is stuck with that core of proven chokers with no big changes nothing will change.
They should have fired Shanny into the sun before anyone else

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad