Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe Fired -- Discussion Thread

blue stick

Jan 28, 2019
Leafs_coach.jpg

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
it will be less than 2 hours before Keefe is hired as Pens farm team coach. They fired their guy this past week. Keefe will be up with the Pens by Mid Oct after Sullivan starts the season 3-9.

Dubas can't be far away from his boy
Keefe collects an NHL paycheck for another full year. Why would he go ride a bus in the AHL for less money than he gets sitting at home?

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
Its either you wait and hope for rod brind’amour. Could lose out on him and berube. Completely stuck.

Or

Play it safe and go with berube

I dont get The love for Brind Amour honestly, he.s got like 5 top 2 defenseman and many talente forwards and he cant make past swcond round year after year

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
I dont get The love for Brind Amour honestly, he.s got like 5 top 2 defenseman and many talente forwards and he cant make past swcond round year after year
They're too soft. That's his GMs fault, not his. Even Dubas Leafs would push Carolina around. Tre's Leafs would sweep that puff ball team since we have a nice top 6 with skill to go with the heavy play.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
We’ll have to wait and see. What they thought a year ago may not be what they think now.
I hope not. I would add that if the core is broken up and Marner does get traded, the reason may also be that of the three, management has already committed to long term and Mitch hasn’t been resigned yet, so he would be the one who would have to go.

In no way am I defending him. He f***ing sucks. I can't wait to see him piss off.
I am with you 100% on that!

Reactions: ACC1224

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Tre has only been here a year. I fear he may not realize what a bunch of losers he has. Make him watch 8 years of these losers in the playoffs, no fast forwarding, no editing, no breaks, all in one sitting, every single game, and I bet he's ready to make changes.
Yes, I really wasn’t serious when I said that. I believe if he is given more control in regards to the roster, we won’t need to worry about the words soft and Leaf players being the same thing. And this was already very evident this season and in the Boston series.

Reactions: ACC1224

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
I don't recall anyone wanting Dubas over Lou. Did anyone here want a rookie gm, I don't think so. Shanny has done some great things overall, couple costly mistakes but overall he's done far more good than bad. It's just it's been 10 years, that's an eternity in sports. Without Shanny we don't have Matthews.

Keefe wasn't a horrible option, he did great in the AHL, was already in our system and familiar with some of the players. He was just beyond horrendous in the playoffs, he out thinks himself. Keefe being here as long as he was, was the problem. Should have been fired a couple years ago.

Actually majority here wanted dubas lol, wanted him over Lou, than wanted babs, than when he got fired, Keefe... when shanny signed, it was probably the closest we got to a parade in here. So at this point, I'll be happy anyone who we get ans this place don't like lol

Reactions: JKG33

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Keefe may not be the answer but he definitely wasn't the problem.

Whoever comes in has to be a take-charge, "It's my way or the highway type".

That is unlikely in Toronto, so the team b will continue to be the laughing stock of pro sports
This guy took the blame for about a dozen players and staff

Reactions: Al14 and Leafsfan74

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Best Leafs coach (IMO) is Pat Quinn. The Toronto market wasn't too big for him and he commanded respect without being a taskmaster. He protected his players and they played hard for him.

There's no Pat Quinn available (wish there was!), but someone with similar attributes is what we need now.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I kinda want Steve Dangle to be coach just so I could watch he/him have a full emotional meltdown when he faces even the slighest criticism to the 'totally reasonable' things he yells about.

Internet narcissism + reality = entertainment.
Prefer they bring in someone with at least an ounce of hockey knowledge.

Give him credit though, he’s made a living off of yelling and knowing nothing.

Almost all here wanted Dubas. There were few of us and I mean very few who did not want Dubas here. I still carry the scars from all the abuse that was heaped upon me. You make some great points but that one is incorrect. I can count on one hand the people that were against the Dubas hire.
I’d say more didn’t want Dubas than did.
His fan club just overwhelms the board with redundancy that it makes it seem like there are a lot more of them.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Berube at tomorrow's meeting with the press.

Tre, and Pelley already have their coach.
I would be. I’d think they’d separate it from their State of the Nation address

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
It's funny seeing Leafs fans complain about Marner in the playoffs. Prior to this year he had 47 points in 50 playoff games. And if you can look back those were not high scoring games. Then you have this year with Matthew's MIA, Willie missing most of the series, and Marner obviously playing on a injured leg. To blame Marner is just a pile on cop out. The teams special teams were awful going into the playoffs. The power play was the worst I've seen in ages. This is a good team that was led by bad coaching. Keefe seems like a good guy but that's not what the Leafs need....and Boucher needs to go to as he was responsible for the power play which was complete garbage until the last game and a half.
It's the style of play from Marner that has fans upset. He had a shot to lead the Leafs past the Bruins and pretty much did nothing.

He was responsible in his own end but for 11 milliom that is not enough. He refuses to get engaged and stays to the outside.

Reactions: Al14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad