I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Everybody channel your positive vibes and say it with me

Joel Quenneville

tumblr_oghsl3mSfw1uzae1ko1_500.gif

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Its been 3 years with Q. I understand the situation but the higher ups were taking care of this. And he admitted he should have been handled better in totatiity but again this was a serious issue and usually these things aare handled by management. He is not management.

Isn't there second chances in life?
I'm a believer in second chances, but second chances for turning an intentional blind eye to sexual assault? That one is a bridge too far for me. This is where being a parent colours a man's opinion. Think of Joel as the principal of a school where the teacher sexually assaulted a child, knew it was happening, and carried on because the school needed to maintain a reputation and keep donations coming in (this will sound familiar to anyone who follows US college sports). No second chances in that case from my perspective. I don't give a shit if he can help the Leafs win a Cup - he sealed his fate when he looked the other way. But I will admit that I am old school. For me, there are lines that can't be crossed. If you cross them, there is no coming back.

geez what are those f-ing things on their faces?
Good riddance to those masks.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
But there is a difference between playing physical or gooning it up. Marner goes out of his way to avoid contact. Nylander almost does the same, although if I remember correctly, he did lay a nice hit in game 7. Matthews isn’t afraid to take or make a hit. He has shown a lot of improvement. But after what Pastrnak did last night by fighting Tkachuk, plus his comments post game, I don’t believe any of our core would EVER do that! And that is not right!

Matthews ain't affraid to drop em if he has to. Marner is absolute TRASH. He is a regular season player but a playoff dud. He is in his late 20s closer to 30 eyars old than 5 years ago and hasnt shown F all. Marner gotta GO!

Nylander at least tries, has speed and plays the boards well when he is the late guy in; Marner is once again absolute TRASH

P.S. Not a complete fight here the start is missing where Matthews initially threw a huge left hook which stamkos ducked else stamkos would have been in teh hospital counting stars

Reactions: Al14 and Cleetus

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I'm a believer in second chances, but second chances for turning an intentional blind eye to sexual assault? That one is a bridge too far for me. This is where being a parent colours a man's opinion. Think of Joel as the principal of a school where the teacher sexually assaulted a child, knew it was happening, and carried on because the school needed to maintain a reputation and keep donations coming in (this will sound familiar to anyone who follows US college sports). No second chances in that case from my perspective. I don't give a shit if he can help the Leafs win a Cup - he sealed his fate when he looked the other way. But I will admit that I am old school. For me, there are lines that can't be crossed. If you cross them, there is no coming back.

The Leafs hire him, and we'll never hear the end of it.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington

Truly awful stuff what happened but the NHL still awarded the Hawks with the 1st overall pick in the draft last year and penalized teams like Ottawa and New Jersey more harshly for cap and CBA related offences.

I don’t see why the Leafs are beholden to some moral high-ground for their coaching selection when the NHL as a league didnt.

I see both sides but honestly the shitstorm that it would start here in Toronto probably doesn’t make it worth it.

Reactions: ToneDog

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Brind’Amour
Berube
Evason
McLellan

If BA is actually available, he’d be at the top of my list. Those are my top four options in order.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Matthews ain't affraid to drop em if he has to. Marner is absolute TRASH. He is a regular season player but a playoff dud. He is in his late 20s closer to 30 eyars old than 5 years ago and hasnt shown F all. Marner gotta GO!

Nylander at least tries, has speed and plays the boards well when he is the late guy in; Marner is once again absolute TRASH

P.S. Not a complete fight here the start is missing where Matthews initially threw a huge left hook which stamkos ducked else stamkos would have been in teh hospital counting stars

WTF is Marner doing while Matty is getting beat up? What a team mate.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
After mulling it over, maybe you’re right, maybe Tre believes in this core as much as Shanahan. So when whatever more changes happen, like if both Shanahan and Tre are fired, then one could assume that Tre must have also believed in the core, or the same if both stay. And since all three will be there tomorrow, it seems they’ll both be back!
We’ll have to wait and see. What they thought a year ago may not be what they think now.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Brind’Amour
Berube
Evason
McLellan

If BA is actually available, he’d be at the top of my list. Those are my top four options in order.
im literally watching the NYR/canes game cheering for new york to win so brind'amour will be able to make his decision sooner(not sure a franchise like the canes really wants to pay him the numbers that are being suggested)

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
I want any coach that this hfboard doesn't want honestly.... everyone here wanted Keefe, dubas, shanny and look how they turned out.. oh and Babcock, remember the hype on here..... fans are so dam clueless ... so hope we get someone that ppl here Don't want

I'll send a message right now to Shanny and Tre and Pelly to STOP READING THIS BOARD!

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Q isnt the principal. The MGM. were handling this and failed to act on it. If MGM told him it was being handled and focus on coaching, what was he supposed to do? He takes his share of blame, for sure. But now It's been 3 years. He deserves a second chance imo

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

This doesn't look as bad after watching Pasta fight haha

Both should stick to scoring goals though.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Keefer never had a chance with Dubies playoff rosters and culture. He was also a rookie and it showed but I suspect he does anywhere from average to great somewhere else and in time.

Rooting for him too, but no doubt his time here was finished.

Leafs have been signaling that they want playoff coaches (guessing rod and coop) to know they will wait for playoffs to end, while also positioning themselves to keep current candidates at bay (may not work).

Hoping for Cooper myself.

Reactions: HEAVY DUTY

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
After mulling it over, maybe you’re right, maybe Tre believes in this core as much as Shanahan. So when whatever more changes happen, like if both Shanahan and Tre are fired, then one could assume that Tre must have also believed in the core, or the same if both stay. And since all three will be there tomorrow, it seems they’ll both be back!
Tre has only been here a year. I fear he may not realize what a bunch of losers he has. Make him watch 8 years of these losers in the playoffs, no fast forwarding, no editing, no breaks, all in one sitting, every single game, and I bet he's ready to make changes.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Tre has only been here a year. I fear he may not realize what a bunch of losers he has. Make him watch 8 years of these losers in the playoffs, no fast forwarding, no editing, no breaks, all in one sitting, every single game, and I bet he's ready to make changes.
these guys r going to make changes because pelley needs to make a positive splash with fans/media

what better way than to break this loser group up

I highly highly doubt they are keeping core 4 together

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Are you trying to give him a mental breakdown watching 8 years of Leafs playoffs in one sitting. That’s cruel and unusual punishment.
Make it stop. Make it stop.
1715305040926.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Al14 and socko

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Truly awful stuff what happened but the NHL still awarded the Hawks with the 1st overall pick in the draft last year and penalized teams like Ottawa and New Jersey more harshly for cap and CBA related offences.

I don’t see why the Leafs are beholden to some moral high-ground for their coaching selection when the NHL as a league didnt.

I see both sides but honestly the shitstorm that it would start here in Toronto probably doesn’t make it worth it.
I'm only talking about my morality - the Leafs can do whatever they want as an organization if the league lets them do it. Doesn't mean I have to like it. As a fan of this team, I lived through the shame of Ballard's blind eye to what was happening in Maple Leaf Gardens. I'd prefer they not take a step backwards. Sometimes supporting an organization means more than just celebrating its successes.

Reactions: WillNy29

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Craig Berube
The impact of any coach's message is going to diminish over six seasons, so it was no surprise that Berube paid for the St. Louis Blues' inconsistent start with his job. He has spoken openly about trying to get the players to play to his identity; after a long run with the Blues, perhaps that ask was rejected this season.

Berube's greatest asset as a coach is his ability to keep a team focused when adversity hits. He's not someone whose emotions are going to rattle a team. You could see that kind of psychological skill fitting well in New Jersey or Toronto, places that could use a steadying presence. But the other thing Berube excels at is coaching physical teams that forecheck tenaciously. He would be set up best with a roster that can offer that.

According to Cap Friendly, his salary with the Blues was $3.5 million, on a contract signed following their 2019 Stanley Cup win. As the most desirable candidate on the market, expect that salary to rise significantly.

Could become available​

Rod Brind'Amour

Until Brind'Amour puts pen to paper on a new contract, there's going to be speculation about his status with the Carolina Hurricanes and potential availability elsewhere. Needless to say, he's one of the most well-respected coaches in the NHL. Teams are constantly searching for a sense of identity and consistent effort. You know what a Brind'Amour team looks like -- speed and copious shot attempts -- and players run through a wall for the guy.

(Although, frankly, for all of his adulation around the league, he has still never won a conference final game in his six-season tenure.)

The team is optimistic it'll get done. "I feel really good that we'll figure it out quickly. Yeah, I'm not concerned," Brind'Amour said last week, before his team faced the New York Rangers.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
im literally watching the NYR/canes game cheering for new york to win so brind'amour will be able to make his decision sooner(not sure a franchise like the canes really wants to pay him the numbers that are being suggested)
Would love to see it happen, I personally don’t see it actually happening though.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Part of my want for Quenneville is his relationship with the Bowmans; Obviously and particularly, Scotty Bowman, who with three suggestions could change our championship chances - in all seriousness.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
I want any coach that this hfboard doesn't want honestly.... everyone here wanted Keefe, dubas, shanny and look how they turned out.. oh and Babcock, remember the hype on here..... fans are so dam clueless ... so hope we get someone that ppl here Don't want

Everyone?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad