Shea Weber & crosschecks galore

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Weber would would be a mediocre defensemen if refs called obstruction and the dirty plays infront of the net.

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
Jesus, imagine that sequence happening today. The NHL would probably shutdown operations for a week.

yes, the 90´s were the golden era of the NHL, imagine if we had internet forums back then so fans could "talk" with each other as we do now !

Both players and fans were 100% more passionate about the game then they are these days.
Are there were a lot more superstars in the league as well, of course there was also fighters and goons.

A lot more stuff going on, to say the least.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Pastrnak doesn't dive. NOBODY dives like the Habs of the last 12 years or so. At least this year I respect the Habs for not being the whiny, fake injury ******* that we're all used to.
Getting rid of Subban gives the Habs some credibility in not having to watch his hotdogging bs every game.
Re: Gallagher, Milan Lucic offered Peter Chiarelli into how great a PIA he is and suggested to him that the Bruins ought to draft him but Chiarelli being the ***** that he was here of course didn't listen....:shakehead
So respect to the Habs for being smart enough to not pick up the ******'s that they have relied on in the past. Now, if you people can just stop the nonsense of expecting every call you go your way you may not be hated by so many other fanbases around the league.

Dang, did you see how that guy got triggered. Must be a Hillary supporter. :laugh:

(and I'm no Trump fan either)

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
yes, the 90´s were the golden era of the NHL, imagine if we had internet forums back then so fans could "talk" with each other as we do now !

Both players and fans were 100% more passionate about the game then they are these days.
Are there were a lot more superstars in the league as well, of course there was also fighters and goons.

A lot more stuff going on, to say the least.

We had the CNN hockey forums in 94 and hockey's future in 1998.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
Gotta love how once the guy became an Habs, something that has been part of his game since forever? is being a hot topic of discussion.

Typical HF.. typical :shakehead

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Didn't Weber smash Zetterberg's head into the glass?

He's always been dirty.

From the Youtube caption:

Shea Weber head smash on Henrik Zetterberg. Weber got 2 minutes for roughing. Please note Zetterberg crosschecking Weber into the glass first and rubbing Weber's face into the glass first.

I didn't see a crosscheck or any rubbing by Zetterberg, but Zetterberg did hit Weber from directly behind (boarding). The announcer said about Weber, "he got run".

I disagree with your opinion. You can watch the video for yourself. There were 5.1 seconds left at the face off when it all started.

Detroit was a dirty team, Zetterberg, Kronwall, Tootoo and perhaps the dirtiest player of all time, Todd Bertuzzi. The Red Wings were desparate as they lost that series 4-1.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
He did get fined so it isn't like everyone turned a blind eye, but yeah he should've been suspended a game. If it weren't the playoffs or had Zetterberg not hit him in the back just before he probably would have been.

Thank you, TMI!

Zetterberg didn't even get 2 minutes for boarding in that game from 2012. The one with about 2 seconds remaining. I have seen over the years that the penalties that weren't called can lead to more trouble than the ones that have been called.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The dude got away with going WWE on Zetterberg. He can get away with anything.

Zetterberg got away with boarding Weber in a corner with 2 seconds left in a playoff game. He wasn't penalized for that illegal hit.

Zetterberg can get away with anything, and did, according to the officials and some of the posters on this thread.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Defenseman calls are all about reputation. Weber can get away with a lot of things a rookie wouldn't because he has that reputation

HugoLalumiere

May 20, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Zetterberg didn't even get 2 minutes for boarding in that game from 2012. The one with about 2 seconds remaining. I have seen over the years that the penalties that weren't called can lead to more trouble than the ones that have been called.

So, for all those asking why the players don't run him or suggesting that one does... There's why. You **** with Weber, he hulks out and smashes you.

Short of taking a gun to him, you're on the losing end of that battle.

And please... This all just sounds like fans from opposing teams being bitter about Shea being as damn good as advertised since he joined the Habs. He is The Man and will make you his *****. Period.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Zetterberg got away with boarding Weber in a corner with 2 seconds left in a playoff game. He wasn't penalized for that illegal hit.

Zetterberg can get away with anything, and did, according to the officials and some of the posters on this thread.

There is a reason Zetterberg has been attacked by several of the other star players he matches up with over the years. The guy is extremely brutal with his stick right up to the line of where penalties are.

Getzlaf, Benn, Malkin, Toews... I mean Weber is not alone flying off the handle on him though what he did was uncalled for no matter the spin you want to put on it. That was also at a point in time where the league was really cracking down publicly on headshots, they have gotten a little away from that with all the lawsuits.

It was stunning that Weber wasn't suspended for what he did do though. We have known this about Weber for years though, clear back to his days in Milwaukee he is a mountain of a man that plays with a ton of bite in his game. It is a part of what he is, like Stevens or Pronger before him. It isn't his job to give people breaks and his teammates by in large feed off the energy he brings to the game. I don't dislike it, hockey has a nasty element to it. As long as people don't call Weber a clean player I am fine with whatever way you want to describe it. He is a player I would want on my team for sure.

I will say one reason he has gotten away with more stickwork is the way he positions his gloves as many have pointed out, he also by in large keeps his stick low and because of his strength he can still control guys hitting lower on the back with a different looking leverage than most guys would be able to. He is vet, he gets the benefit of some calls.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
They've even publicly said that a suspension that would 2 games in the regular season is only 1 in the playoffs. It's ****ing stupid

How is it "****ing stupid"? 2 playoffs games suspension is an extremely harsh suspension which most likely will eliminate a team if it's an impact player. 2 regular season games is nearly meaningless. It makes no sense whatsoever that regular season suspensions and playoffs would be equivalent because they're not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad