Confirmed with Link: Shayne Gostisbehere to Carolina for a 2026 3rd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
PXL_20230304_035710902.jpg

Shared this last night in the GDT. That's good vibes.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
It'd be nice to have more reporters covering the team, but he hasn't changed his Twitter bio to indicate he covers the Canes. Might just be a joke because of his love of Burns.
I have a feeling its a temporary assignment since Cory is part time with The Athletic and they want someone covering full time for the playoffs.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Ok. So ghost bear does not suck.

Like I want to see him defending against NJ NY and bos, but.... Yo dude I'm sorry. I was wrong. You look good next to Chatfield and be it lucky bounces or skill you've helped the pp. Thanks.
You might not be wrong. It has only been 2 games. I'm optimistic, but there are a lot of games to play.

Last edited:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
You might not be wrong. it' 2 games. I'm optimistic, but there's a lot of games to play.
The guy can play, that was never the issue. The question is if we should have done more at the deadline since things went completely f***ing bonkers for a change, especially in the East. If the correct answer is much like Tampa going "meh, we like our group but here's some more depth, come at us bro" then they look brilliant for not paying high prices. If the Bruins are some historical unstoppable team of destiny we were smart for saying this isn't the right time to go all in. It's if say the Rangers come out of the East without Shesty going full cheat code again, that's when questions need to be asked, especially if they beat us in another f***ing game 7.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Besides the scoring on the PP, which obviously is great, the other very noticeable thing he brings is speed. Him and Chat we’re flying and the puck was moving forward much better than when CDH was on the ice.

I’m curious how his defense is going to go on the team. I am optimistic that some of his deficiencies will be lessened in that regard with the way his mobility fits with our man-to-man style vs the more common zone the teams he used to play on run.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
This gets an asterisk if one of those games is against the Coyotes, but still. Ghost for a future 3rd might turn out to be the biggest steal of this year's TDL.

I mean, also against Tampa too. They've been on a heater, and not the good kind. Vasi has looked quite human for a while. Not to distract from the fact the Ghost was obviously a good addition given the role he's filling. That's plane to see in 2 games. It's not like they're putting him on the Ice for the hardest minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad