Confirmed with Link: Shayne Gostisbehere 3x3.2m aav

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
LOL even LeBrun spelled it wrong.

Tip: Gost-is-be-here. Because now that he's signed in CAR, he is be here.

A couple years ago, PHI paid ARZ two draft picks to TAKE this guy, and he was unbelievable. $3m x 3 years sounds just right. He's a downgrade from Pesce, but he's super skilled and can run one of the PP units. Good signing.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
$3.2 million for a guy who is top 20 in defenseman scoring over the last 3 seasons is not too shabby. He played well enough defensively here to staple De Haan (who's only use is being good defensively) to the bench. Maybe the put him on PP 1 since it seemed to work better with a lefty up top than with Burns. At this stage he's probably a better option anyway.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I remember Ghost-Bear coming in and immediately helping us go like 7 for 9 in 2 games on the PP before he was quickly coached out of that shit lol He was a good PP QB and I remember him mostly not being awful at defense even if he wasn't great. Certainly better than TDA & Cogs. I imagine Ghost - Walker will be our default 3rd pair? Maybe he pairs with Chatty but that seems like it could get dicey defensively. Presumably Nikishin comes in next year and basically starts as 2LD?

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I remember Ghost-Bear coming in and immediately helping us go like 7 for 9 in 2 games on the PP before he was quickly coached out of that shit lol He was a good PP QB and I remember him mostly not being awful at defense even if he wasn't great. Certainly better than TDA & Cogs. I imagine Ghost - Walker will be our default 3rd pair? Maybe he pairs with Chatty but that seems like it could get dicey defensively. Presumably Nikishin comes in next year and basically starts as 2LD?
Orlov - Chatmandu was a solid pairing to close out the regular season. I'd be surprised if they got split up.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'm very happy to have Ghost back. I love that he's been here before so the adjustment should be easier. As bleed mentioned, he had that amazing play for Detroit as they were fighting for their playoff lives, and I think he had one similar in another game right around that time. I hope he gets the first shot at the first PP unit, but he'll be running one of them regardless and he's pretty good at it. He should be the lefty version of what we were hoping to get back to with TDA.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I'm very happy to have Ghost back. I love that he's been here before so the adjustment should be easier. As bleed mentioned, he had that amazing play for Detroit as they were fighting for their playoff lives, and I think he had one similar in another game right around that time. I hope he gets the first shot at the first PP unit, but he'll be running one of them regardless and he's pretty good at it. He should be the lefty version of what we were hoping to get back to with TDA.

I've seen a couple of people mention this. It could be true or it could be like TDA where being away for a year still leads to a substantial reintegration period.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I've seen a couple of people mention this. It could be true or it could be like TDA where being away for a year still leads to a substantial reintegration period.

Could be, but I will say of every significant dman we’ve acquired over 6 seasons, he has seemed to have one of the shortest integration periods. He didn’t look great for us, but he looked pretty darn good compared to others in their first 3 months with the team. I’m excited to see what he can do once fully integrated.

TDA to me doesn’t count as a valid data point either way because of the Slavin factor.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Could be, but I will say of every significant dman we’ve acquired over 6 seasons, he has seemed to have one of the shortest integration periods. He didn’t look great for us, but he looked pretty darn good compared to others in their first 3 months with the team. I’m excited to see what he can do once fully integrated.

TDA to me doesn’t count as a valid data point either way because of the Slavin factor.
He’s a great skater, high end mobility. And he’s smart, a lot of just natural sense for the game. Those two things help a guy out with our system. Burns, Orlov and TDA away from Slavin aren’t exactly rocket surgeons out there. Dougie I thought was fine defensively, it was the offense that took time. Of course being saddled with Slavin on pp2 for short minutes wasn’t going to help him out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad