Sharks with the 1st overall

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
Let's say the Sharks get the 1st overall pick, who do they take?

Do they not overthink it and take Hagens (if they all continue to develop at same rate) or do they take Martone out of team needs?

It's hard for me to see 3 smaller centers all with 1C potential on the same team. I don't see any of Hagens, Celebrini or Smith fitting in on the bottom 6, frankly it's a waste unless one is converted to wing.

What's most likely? Take Hagens, take Martone or try to trade back a spot or two for say hypothetically Flyers first and the Colorado or EDM 1st they own (est 3rd and 17th)
I wouldn't overthink it and pick Hagens. Watch the 3 young centers progress and if there's a surplus they'll have a dozen teams lining up to overpay for their young center with upside.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
I don't think we're in a position to be able to get cute with augmenting future lineups when it's impossible to know which of the prospects in our pool will even make it, or meet their projected upside.

We need more skill, we need more size, we need more speed, we need defenders that can defend, we need defenders that can move the puck beyond a rec league level...

Heading into the season I would have taken Hagens, although the gap is shrinking.

I love Matthew Schaefer, and Misa and Martone have been fantastic to start the season. Frondell is lurking as well.

Can't really see us going wrong if we land somewhere in the top three.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Bpa. That's why you should take bpa, especially for so much young team.
If SJ would not overthink 2023, they would be in better position now with MM and if they will have opportunity to draft Havens, this would be even better. Anyway Smith is a great prospect and he will figure it out on the wing if he will need too. For the beggining SJ should be lucky enough to win the lottery second year in a row.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Assuming Hagens is the BPA, take him and transition Smith to wing. Celebrini-Hagens as a 1-2 would be amazing.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Take BPA always, so any one of Hagens, Martone and Misa would be the best bet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad