Sharks with the 1st overall

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Let's say the Sharks get the 1st overall pick, who do they take?

Do they not overthink it and take Hagens (if they all continue to develop at same rate) or do they take Martone out of team needs?

It's hard for me to see 3 smaller centers all with 1C potential on the same team. I don't see any of Hagens, Celebrini or Smith fitting in on the bottom 6, frankly it's a waste unless one is converted to wing.

What's most likely? Take Hagens, take Martone or try to trade back a spot or two for say hypothetically Flyers first and the Colorado or EDM 1st they own (est 3rd and 17th)

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Let's say the Sharks get the 1st overall pick, who do they take?

Do they not overthink it and take Hagens (if they all continue to develop at same rate) or do they take Martone out of team needs?

It's hard for me to see 3 smaller centers all with 1C potential on the same team. I don't see any of Hagens, Celebrini or Smith fitting in on the bottom 6, frankly it's a waste unless one is converted to wing.

What's most likely? Take Hagens, take Martone or try to trade back a spot or two for say hypothetically Flyers first and the Colorado or EDM 1st they own (est 3rd and 17th)
Hagens right now and maybe he or one of the other 2 play wing. Unless martone absolutely torches the OHL this year (he has so far but only 10 games in) I wouldn’t take him over Hagens despite the centre situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad