Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Megathread XXI: "New, improved, and wayyyy too much info" Edition

Patty Ice

Mighty Luca
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Trading down is looking worse and worse, but not taking Hutson and someone else is the worst part. Same deal with not figuring out a way to get Artamanov last year.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Bystedt has been a solid prospect on par with Geekie who was selected with the 11th. The second round picks have been underwhelming but all hope is not lost between the two, just not in their favor.

Reactions: Sendhelplease

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Hindsight is always 20/20. Bystedt has been a solid prospect on par with Geekie who was selected with the 11th. The second round picks have been underwhelming but all hope is not lost between the two, just not in their favor.
This + there's a tremendous history of amazing players falling to the 2nd round that never become an indictment on a team's drafting ability. Bergeron, Kucherov, Aho, Robertson....the list is endless.

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
It was a terrible idea that has gotten worse, there's no hindsight needed.

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
It was a terrible idea that has gotten worse, there's no hindsight needed.
You are just wrong on this. Bystedt is a similar tier if not slightly better prospect than Geekie and we got pretty good value for trading down. I would rather have Bystedt than Geekie in this system right now and I could envision a scenario where Lund is a solid NHL player (he has great tools) while if Havelid can get healthy he could be a 3rd pairing OFD and PP2 quarterback.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
You are just wrong on this. Bystedt is a similar tier if not slightly better prospect than Geekie and we got pretty good value for trading down. I would rather have Bystedt than Geekie in this system right now and I could envision a scenario where Lund is a solid NHL player (he has great tools) while if Havelid can get healthy he could be a 3rd pairing OFD and PP2 quarterback.
This is going to age like milk as one of your hopes is literally a bad league minimum player, you realize you could pick any player picked after 11? The dream scenario is a minor win, that makes it a bad move.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Nice interview! Kid is gonna be great, already has a great personality.

Odd interview:

1) He loves chess and plays regularly, but doesn't know the names of the pieces?
2) Nobody under the age of 40 should love golf that much
3) Unpopular opinion: fishing is an abomination
4) The fact that he's paying attention to the Canucks games makes my stomach curdle. He's going to sign there in 7 years, isn't he...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad