Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Megathread XXI: "New, improved, and wayyyy too much info" Edition

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
It’s one game and I only watched a handful of Bedards games but I’m on board with stating again, I think Macklin will turn out to be the better player.
I've watched a lot of Bedard's games, and I think he already is. Bedard has more raw skill, but he doesn't play an NHL game. So much of what Chicago is doing is just "get Connor the puck" and he just floats around until someone does it. He makes some really strong plays when he does get it and he does things to get open, but it isn't a sustainable system. Like a more extreme version of the Sharks "get Karlsson the puck" when he put up 100 points.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I've watched a lot of Bedard's games, and I think he already is. Bedard has more raw skill, but he doesn't play an NHL game. So much of what Chicago is doing is just "get Connor the puck" and he just floats around until someone does it. He makes some really strong plays when he does get it and he does things to get open, but it isn't a sustainable system. Like a more extreme version of the Sharks "get Karlsson the puck" when he put up 100 points.
Exactly! He’s a point producer that won’t help the team. That sounds weird but I know what I’m saying. I think.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
I think you're right that this is what the situation is for Bedard, but I'd hazard against saying this is how it will continue to be.

Let's not forget just how bad the Blackhawks were last year and still are, and while I'd be happy for that to continue going forward, I think it's quite likely that as the talent around him improves and he matures as a player, he's not going to keep playing the same way he is now.

Reactions: Star Platinum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad