GDT: Sharks @ Minnesota 5pm PST

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Boudreau always looks like he's waiting in a long line at an airport and he's late for his flight
Bruce Boudreau looks like the gerber baby.
boudreau.gif

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Refs:

Logan won’t score, just call the penalty shot so we’re not as obvious

Logan scores

Oh, well we can’t have that. See if we can review a nonreviewable play

The call on the penalty shot was very weak there and he was also very close to offside. There have been a few others as well.

Just good to acknowledge things like this when they happen because it’s easy to build a victim complex and then ignore anything that goes in the opposite direction when you do.

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
It's a strange circumstance, I'm thinking it's not reviewable at all even before the penalty shot because only goal scoring plays are reviewable.

Reactions: ChompChomp

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm not complaining about them getting a call right

I'm not going to complain about them getting a call right, but I am going to complain that they appear to be so incompetent as to review something that's so blatantly either a) not reviewable or b) no longer reviewable since play has moved past that point. If they wanted to look at it, why not do so before the penalty shot happened? Otherwise why can't the Sharks just talk to the refs now and sya "yeah, there was a goal we surrendered 3 games ago that I'm pretty sure shouldn't have happened. If it hadn't we would've won, so maybe you guys can look at it and do something?"

Reactions: Sandisfan

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I hate having an embarrassment like Haley out there trying to turn a 3-0 lead into a gong show.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Lol that hit looked bad but I think it was fine.

Then Haley won the fight on reputation lol

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Sharks doing fine, killing the game off. Number 18 wants to energize the other team or what?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I'm not going to complain about them getting a call right, but I am going to complain that they appear to be so incompetent as to review something that's so blatantly either a) not reviewable or b) no longer reviewable since play has moved past that point. If they wanted to look at it, why not do so before the penalty shot happened? Otherwise why can't the Sharks just talk to the refs now and sya "yeah, there was a goal we surrendered 3 games ago that I'm pretty sure shouldn't have happened. If it hadn't we would've won, so maybe you guys can look at it and do something?"

They literally didn’t know the rules and they had to check.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
The decision is almost entirely going to be for the PK. Without Braun in there, they're leaning more on Burns and Karlsson in the situation. The way Vlasic plays with Heed is exactly why I still have hope that he and Karlsson will work it out. Karlsson's a little more versatile than Heed but have similar tendencies in most situations.

Agreed but I think there is another level for Vlasic if he's playing with someone like Karlsson who makes others better. They were pretty good even with glaring issues and were getting better. I think they can do even better than what Vlasic and Heed do. I don't look at it like forcing Vlasic to play with Karlsson. Certainly is the case with Braun but with Karlsson, the two are better than what people here are giving them credit for.

While Heed's outlet passes are better than Braun's, everything else that involves the defensive zone is on Braun's side still and that's important especially when they're defending a late lead and need a guy like him to rely on more than they need a 3rd offensive options on the right side.

Yeah but you need to consider his constant turnovers in the defensive zone. He can’t skate the puck out of trouble so he tries to use the boards and has been failing miserably. To me the difference is how Vlasic plays with Heed and EK65 with Dillon. Should be a pretty easy decision

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
*NVM, Randy clarified

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Ref: "Yeah, uh... Minnesota might want to look at this. Can we let them?"

League office: "Did they ask you to look at it?"

Ref: "No"

League office: "So why are you asking if you can?"

Ref: "Just in case they do."

League office: ".......Are you serious?

Ref: "........."

League office: "........."

Ref: "........"

League office: "........."

Ref: ".....................................yes?"

League office: "..........."

Ref: "....... Hey, I think we got cut off or something."

League office: "No! You didn't get cut off. And no that's not challengeable. Geez!" *click*

Ref: ".... Hello?"
Sounds like this was actually a lot closer to what actually happened than I'd like to believe lol

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yeah but you need to consider his constant turnovers in the defensive zone. He can’t skate the puck out of trouble so he tries to use the boards and has been failing miserably. To me the difference is how Vlasic plays with Heed and EK65 with Dillon. Should be a pretty easy decision

It's not that easy because Dillon-Braun and Vlasic-Karlsson isn't all that far behind in terms of effectiveness while allowing the team have more depth on the PK. If you keep Heed in the lineup, your PK pairings are Vlasic-Burns and Dillon-Karlsson. Braun is a better option to have in that situation and that's going to be more critical in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad