Confirmed with Link: Sharks issue QOs to Coe, Bordeleau, Afanasyev, Dellandrea, Emberson, Grundstrom and Thrun

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
He’s had a taste of it so we should know pretty quickly if Coe has a future. He’s 22 and 6’4”. He could put on 15 or so pounds of muscle this summer. If he really wants to play in the NHL he will come back jacked, start living in the crease and going into the corners winning board battles. With his puck skills he could make a career if he starts playing the right way.
I'm just really skeptical that a forward with 33 points in 113 games in the AHL at ages 21-22 is going to turn into anything interesting. His shooting percentage was awfully high this year, too.

We have plenty of room on the Barracuda, so I don't see it as a problem - I'm just surprised they bothered to keep him and I don't have any expectations. Make or break season for him next year.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Yeah, could you imagine if Coe finally pull it all together? Dude could really add a lot to this team.

The problem is he seems to have shown so little at the AHL level that I would be totally shocked if he suddenly turned into something more than maybe a 4th liner? But who knows. According to that interview it did seem like he only now understood he couldn’t get by on the same game as he played in juniors so maybe he’ll have a sudden turnaround.

Reactions: Sandisfan

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
In b4 the inevitable: once again Wilson Jr. continues to f*** this team. His garbage prospects can’t even return AHL fodder despite being loaned as a free Costco sampler for an AHL playoff run. At this rate we should just mutually terminate Bordeleau and Guschin before we have to package them with actual real hockey players just to be rid of them. Thanks, Junior.

Amidoingitright? :sarcasm:

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
In b4 the inevitable: once again Wilson Jr. continues to f*** this team. His garbage prospects can’t even return AHL fodder despite being loaned as a free Costco sampler for an AHL playoff run. At this rate we should just mutually terminate Bordeleau and Guschin before we have to package them with actual real hockey players just to be rid of them. Thanks, Junior.

Amidoingitright? :sarcasm:

Seems a bit aggressive, but you're on the right track.

Reactions: jMoneyBrah

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Top 9: Granlund, Celebrini, Smith, Eklund, Zetterlund, Toffoli, Wennberg, Koistin, Dellandrea
10-14: Goodrow, Sturm, Kunin, Grundstrom, Spot open/Smith
TBD: Couture

Afanasyev would have probably been one two many, but I think we're now just right, assuming Couture is out. And if he's not brilliant!

I don't want Musty up for the full year (he's 18!), but if he's top 9 caliber wouldn't mind him experiencing 9 games. In this case you push Dellandrea/Koistin down to the 4th line, Smith to the AHL, before Musty goes back and dominates the OHL. If he could play in the AHL that'd be a natural place for him, but he can't, so OHL it is. Big forwards often take a bit longer to develop anyway.

Kunin (4th!), Zadina (6th), and Hoffman (8th) were in our top 8 forwards among ice time last year. Having NHL forwards is a good problem to have. Grundstrom was 12th for LA. He'll probably be 12 or 13 for San Jose this year. If Musty/Graf/Bords/Gusch destroys Koistin/Dellandrea and forces a top 9 spot, resulting one of them to 4th line wing, Kunin to 13th forward, and Grundstrom to 14th that's a very good problem to have. If our Captain comes back and is a top 6 wing that's a great problem to have. I'm not optimistic on either, I do feel having Wennberg, Dellandrea, Goodrow, and Tofolli actually gives Gusch a better chance. More size/speed/grit/talent makes it more viable he can fit in, but he must outplay NHL-caliber bottom six forwards.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2