GDT: Sharks @ Hawks 7:30 10/17/24 Chsn

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I tell you what, I don't know anything about Jamie Faulkner but she is doing a very bad job. This CHSN mess and not having a full house for a season opener. You can't see it on TV, you can't go due to ticket prices...So what, Hawks games are just farts in the wind now?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
A win...BUT:

1. Bad 3rd Period by Hawks...energy fell off...into prevent mode with lead ...got outplayed...

2.When you lead 3-0 then get outscored 2-1 ,you have squandered opportunity to bury the opps in what shoukd have been a full 60 effort at home in your opener
..instead Hawjs just tried protecting their lead with bad habits that brings.. Got their crowd out of it too...Crowd excitement pretty quiet all 3rd period.

3 Connor Barfy ...2 big Fails by him this game and he watches 2 pucks go in our net.

4.2 times we get 5-3 and Fail both opportunities.

5.$9.5 and Barfy simply cannot get point shots on net....Hopefully Levshunov fixes that next season.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Reichel better be in next game. Maroon was absolute ass.
How would you slot him in? I don't like LR's lines because as long as the better vets stay healthy they have enough talent to run three o-capable lines, but LR seems to minimize the o capabilities of the bottom two lines by who he is icing.

The Hawks did score outside the first line tonight which is good, but in the limited sample size of five games they're only on pace for 208 GF. If the Hawks wanna win (?) this season they gotta score more on average and that means LR has to rejigger the lines if the guys can't generate more GFs in the current configuration going forward from tonight.

My take is make a hockey decision that's best for the team long term and stick to it. At this stage in the rebuild maximizing the talent pool is the order of the day so the hockey decision would seem to me to ice all the guys who can score so (as in the case of the vets on expiring contracts or Reichel) they can be moved now or at the TDL for more assets (hopefully).
Reichel did not outplay Maroon
The Hawks won't win many games if they don't up the scoring pace. I'm not saying they won't, but playing Maroon every night is one way to make sure they don't up the pace. Do the Hawks really need two d-first o-challenged lines at this point in the rebuild? They're not prepping for the late rounds of the playoffs at this stage.

Reactions: Pez68

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I like your optimism but I don’t see it. His line mates don’t have skill to play a skill game…. So I expect him to just wilt and hide because he can’t play a 4th line role with players like that. He’ll be scratched again after tonight’s game.

I thought he played better tonight than in a long time for getting only 12 shifts and 8:31 TOI. He played fast and was engaged with not one wussy play or ill-advised drop pass that I saw. Nothing worth getting too excited about but a good first step in the right direction.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Looking forward to Reichel getting 8 minutes tonight between the two slowest forwards on the team. Richardson truly is an imbecile.

I thought he played better tonight than in a long time for getting only 12 shifts and 8:31 TOI. He played fast and was engaged with not one wussy play or ill-advised drop pass that I saw. Nothing worth getting too excited about but a good first step in the right direction.
Damn. I was off by 31 seconds.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Kaiser had another solid game. He made a few short area plays tonight to get the puck to a teammate or out of the zone that are the types of plays that reminds me of Keith. Again - I'm not suggesting he will ever be as good as future HOFer Keith - but his skating, handling, vision and surprising physicality for a guy that size leads me to believe he will be a core piece of the Hawks blue line as the rebuild moves along.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Kaiser had another solid game. He made a few short area plays tonight to get the puck to a teammate or out of the zone that are the types of plays that reminds me of Keith. Again - I'm not suggesting he will ever be as good as future HOFer Keith - but his skating, handling, vision and surprising physicality for a guy that size leads me to believe he will be a core piece of the Hawks blue line as the rebuild moves along.
I do love watching him move around out there. Quick and aggressive with his skating.

If the Hawks wanna win (?) this season they gotta score more on average and that means LR has to rejigger the lines if the guys can't generate more GFs in the current configuration going forward from tonight.
There aren’t really any good options though. You’re not going to get good scoring out anyone aside from Bedard and Teuvo.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Kaiser reminds me of Wisniewski. Jack of all trades master of none. Doesn't have the rage but he's definitely a tough lightweight.

I agree he doesn't play with "rage" but I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with how he played coming down the stretch in Rockford last season - he displayed some red-ass that I didn't know he had. Dropped the gloves a couple times and threw them pretty good.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
I don't think it's been mentioned enough over the last week or two here, but Bedard's has gotten a hell of a lot better defensively. Is he a Pk guy? Probably not. But he's the right level of aggressive on the forcheck and hasn't been losing coverage in the defensive zone like he was doing last season.

Also, he's at a team leading +3, which I have learned from last year's Calder thread on the main boards is the most important hockey stat known to man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad