GDT: Sharks @ Hawks 7:30 10/17/24 Chsn

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
Not a Reichel fan but playing him on the 4th line AND as a center? Ok Luke just not give him a chance at all then.

I'm with you on this. I don't see any great situation for Reichel but the 4th line center between Maroon and Smith and it seems like he's doomed to fail. Trying him on the wing with Bedard and Teravainen wouldn't be good for the team but interesting to see.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Disagree. His performance from last year and this preseason says he should be Rockford bound.

I don't wish injury on the guy but it could be the opening that Allan needs to draw back into the lineup and claim a roster spot moving forward.
Martinez is our 3rd best d man. I dont care if Allan draws back in enough to lose Martinez.

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
Martinez is our 3rd best d man. I dont care if Allan draws back in enough to lose Martinez.

I didn't mean as in take his place when Martinez is healthy, but to push Brodie out of the lineup ideally (unlikely with that contract) or Kaiser if Kaiser regresses.

Martinez is a lock for the lineup when healthy. I've always liked him.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I didn't mean as in take his place when Martinez is healthy, but to push Brodie out of the lineup ideally (unlikely with that contract) or Kaiser if Kaiser regresses.

Martinez is a lock for the lineup when healthy. I've always liked him.
My defensive take: Assuming both Allan and Kaiser play tonight, we'll see if the defense suffers any as a result. Brodie was better last game but he is so weak in his board play which won't go unnoticed by Luke. Kaiser had a few questionable moments as well but that is to be expected for a young dman who has played only a few games early in the season. Kaiser is probably the best skater back there.

Reactions: GIADF

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
So does half of the bottom 6.

Yeah, except most of those guys have a bottom 6 type of game. Reichel is softer than baby shit, not to mention not a C.

But hey maybe this experiment of trying him in the bottom 6 for the 50th time will magically work this time while he's also playing out of position.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Richardson is a moron

There is no defending playing Reichel at C and between two washed up slugs

Its time for Davidson to start searching around league for another team's version of Reichel and do change of scenery swap since its clear Reichel doesn't fit what Davidson/Richardson want in player at htis point and it does nothing for Reichel confidence/efforts to find his game sitting in press box and then when actually playing being out of position and between crap on 4th line

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Richardson is a moron

There is no defending playing Reichel at C and between two washed up slugs

Its time for Davidson to start searching around league for another team's version of Reichel and do change of scenery swap since its clear Reichel doesn't fit what Davidson/Richardson want in player at htis point and it does nothing for Reichel confidence/efforts to find his game sitting in press box and then when actually playing being out of position and between crap on 4th line
Agree, it's a brain dead coaching move. There is absolutely nothing to be gained for either the Hawks or Reichel by playing him at #4 C.

Reactions: Pez68

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yeah, except most of those guys have a bottom 6 type of game. Reichel is softer than baby shit, not to mention not a C.

But hey maybe this experiment of trying him in the bottom 6 for the 50th time will magically work this time while he's also playing out of position.
I'll take Reichel in the bottom 6 over Maroon in the bottom 6, regardless of what type of game they have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad