Sharks, CSNCA debut new tech to "feel" game at home

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/prnewswire/press_releases/California/2014/11/17/DE66595

Press release
The San Jose Sharks, Comcast SportsNet California and The Guitammer Company announced today that they have entered into a pilot partnership program bringing the newest sports technology to Northern California. All of the Sharks 2014-15 games at SAP Center at San Jose that are telecast by Comcast SportsNet California will utilize Guitammer's patented "4D Sports" technology, allowing fans at home to not only see and hear all the game's action; but now feel, live and in real time, all the bone jarring impacts and action as players crash into the boards.
Sensors attached to boards capture the impact of players crashing into the boards and that feeling is added to the telecast enabling fans at home to feel as if they are sitting right on the glass in the arena. All the fan at home needs to experience this breakthrough technology is the wireless ButtKicker Kit, available online at Amazon.com and at www.shakemycouch.com.
The official debut for Guitammer's "4D Sports" technology at SAP Center is slated for the Sharks-Florida Panthers home game on November 20, 2014.

Well, this press release (dated two days ago) is the first I've heard about it. So, have to think that few will have the technology to enjoy the "hits" and more "shaking" their couch for tomorrow's game. :sarcasm:

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Oh goody more shiney little additions to make the [Mod] fans forget just how crappy the team is.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Kind of wish CSN would add a Shots on Goal counter like Fox Sports has. Having watched a lot of the Fox regional games this year, I feel like something is now missing watching the CSN telecasts.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
They have had stuff like this for video games since the early 90s and its always just a dumb ripoff.

I was hoping this thread was going to be about changing the camera placement.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
$400????

That's just a gnarly price for your couch to jiggle. I can shake the couch myself because I spazz-out and jerk about when I think a hit is coming. I'm jumpy :laugh:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It's a sub-woofer couch leg. It'll add to the experience if you have the money to blow but it's definitely a luxury item. lol

HydroF

Mar 27, 2014
Vacaville
Kind of wish CSN would add a Shots on Goal counter like Fox Sports has. Having watched a lot of the Fox regional games this year, I feel like something is now missing watching the CSN telecasts.

Absolutely, love the SoG counter. I wouldn't mind them tracking the corsi and faceoff wins on screen too :D

domon

Apr 14, 2012
I'll be interested when I can feel the apathy and/or sadness this team feels.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
one season too late

i always wanted to know what a pelvic floor injury feels like

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
If I were a CSN board op, I try my damndest to find the brown note.

caption-1.jpg

They could add this as well so you can feel Burish get throttled.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Absolutely, love the SoG counter. I wouldn't mind them tracking the corsi and faceoff wins on screen too :D

Well fox just improved theirs where occasionally they would go with face off wins, hits, blocks, and some other stuff. Don't think Corsi would be included though, considering it might not be mainstream enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad