GDT: Sharks at Blues; 7pm Central

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Great win for The Blues to get them on the right track again - especially while Binnington was getting rest. Perunovich looks like a 10-year veteran. He moved into a permanent spot the 2nd pairing after only 2 NHL games (and, I think he should have a regular spot on the 1st Power Play Unit, rather than starting on the 2nd! Mighty impressive for a rookie in only his first 2 games! :thumbu:
We have Krug.

6.5mill.$ invest. So he will play 1st PP. No way he will be moved over some rookie. :sarcasm:

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
I'm really glad our front office was steadfast in their patience with Kyrou's development and he isn't currently residing in Buffalo. I remember reading scouting reports describing him as a boom or bust type early 2nd round pick.. Rattie 2.0 averted

tomin

AintNoSeats
Dec 18, 2014
small sample, but when the defense is more stable, the offense can enforce their depth scoring ability. 1 point from a defender tonight perunovich, who also logged 19:25 toi. Very nice.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I don’t think he displaces Krug. Krug is a flippin wizard at the point on the PP.
And Krug has a great shot, too. I got caught drooling over Perunovich's skills, and forgot him. But, having Perunovich run The 2nd Unit, gives The Blues, with their skilled forward depth, two very good units. The Blues should finish #1 or 2 on The Power Play, they were a strong 2nd to The Oilers even before Perunovich came up.

Reactions: Zezel’s Pretzels

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
We have Krug.

6.5mill.$ invest. So he will play 1st PP. No way he will be moved over some rookie. :sarcasm:
Yes. My drooling over Perunovich's smooth skating, passing skill, poise, and calmness made me forget about Krug's great one-timer, and the fact that he skates and passes well, too. But, having 2 very good Power Play Units will really help The Blues win a LOT of games.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
This is the best skating team in Blues history. Probably the best offensive team too.
I've watched them all. This definitely is the best skating team they've ever had. I'm not sure if this team is a better offensive team than the 1981, or early 1990s teams with Hull, Turgeon, and crew. That remains to be proven by the end of this season, and will depend upon how Thomas, Kyrou, and Perunovich improve.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Our backup goalies are giving us huge boost. They are 3-1-0 and have allowed only 7 goals in 4 games. Husso has allowed 1 goal in 2 games this year. Time for binner to step up.
I have a LOT of respect for Husso. Panger said that he worked long and hard hours during the past offseason to improve his game. He's looked solid in his 2 games so far. He did what Backes also needed to do - work towards being the best player he could be. Too bad Chris Stewart, Sean Belle, and Timofei Shiskanov, Jonas Junland, and so many other young Blues, who had natural skill, but some major flaws in their game that could have been overcome with hard work, didn't do what was needed. His save % for the 2 games is .984, and his gpg is 0.50.

Last edited:
Reactions: dutchblues

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I've watched them all. This definitely is the best skating team they've ever had. I'm not sure if this team is a better offensive team than the 1981, or early 1990s teams with Hull, Turgeon, and crew. That remains to be proven by the end of this season, and will depend upon how Thomas, Kyrou, and Perunovich improve.

I’m not sure those teams had the balance of this team. Our entire top 9 is a 20g scorer.

Last edited:

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I have a LOT of respect for Husso. Panger said that he worked long and hard hours during the past offseason to improve his game. He's looked solid in his 2 games so far. He did what Backes also needed to do - work towards being the best player he could be. Too bad Chris Stewart, Sean Belle, and Timofei Shiskanov, Jonas Junland, and so many other young Blues, who had natural skill, but some major flaws in their game that could have been overcome with hard work, didn't do what was needed.
small sample yadda blah...

THIS is the Husso that we drafted. Wasn't he drafted as a calm and cool goalie?

He shook our faith quite a bit, but it is restored, for now.

SJ tried hard to rattle him early, but Ville stood strong, controlled his lateral movement and kept his glove active.

Last edited:

Cheeaa

Jan 6, 2021
awesome game. exactly what we needed after that atrocity the other night. :laugh:

checking out naturalstattrick though... can someone smarter than me explain how at even strength we can out shoot, out corsi, out Fenwick, out chance (even if we did somehow have 1 less even strength high danger chance ) but still not be ahead on xgf? genuinely curious?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
awesome game. exactly what we needed after that atrocity the other night. :laugh:

checking out naturalstattrick though... can someone smarter than me explain how at even strength we can out shoot, out corsi, out Fenwick, out chance (even if we did somehow have 1 less even strength high danger chance ) but still not be ahead on xgf? genuinely curious?
Moneypuck has the Blues at 4.15 xgf and the Sharks at 2.99.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
He's just excited like the rest of us.

We are lucky to have drafted Perunovich. I wonder which teams were ready to draft him right after that pick.

The funny thing is that the player taken right after Perunovich, Martin Fehervary, is also having a very good year in Washington

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Cheeaa

Jan 6, 2021
Moneypuck has the Blues at 4.15 xgf and the Sharks at 2.99.

I'm talking 5v5. Seeing the map on moneypuck though I guess a couple of shark chances were higher percentage than what we had. Haven't seen that map before. pretty cool

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011

Nevermind, looks like you specified the reason.

and looking at the numbers, according to NST, the Sharks had greater chances in the 1st then the Blues.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
a win is a win
turgeon was a monster ..... he reminds me of barbie or sunny ... now we got 2

Reactions: dutchblues
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad