Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire Yaroslav Askarov (w/extension, 2yr @ $2m per), F Nolan Burke 2025 3rd for Edstrom, VGK 1st, and G Chrona

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Nolan Burke is a center. 21 years old. and scored 50 goals in 1 season in the OHL.
Was this guy injured last season? why did he scored only 5 goals? any more info on Burke would be awsome.

Atlanta Gladiators (then click on stats, select 23-24 RS)
Doesn't look like he got much special teams time.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Nolan Burke is a center. 21 years old. and scored 50 goals in 1 season in the OHL.
Was this guy injured last season? why did he scored only 5 goals? any more info on Burke would be awsome.

His 50 goal season in the O was as an overager. Just another guy who did jack in the O in his draft year, didn't get drafted, dominated as an overager as overagers do, that got him an NHL contract...aannnddd he wasn't even good in the ECHL. Absolute nothingburger.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
His 50 goal season in the O was as an overager. Just another guy who did jack in the O in his draft year, didn't get drafted, dominated as an overager as overagers do, that got him an NHL contract...aannnddd he wasn't even good in the ECHL. Absolute nothingburger.
Hoping it's Cuda depth. If that. He was crap in the ECHL

Reactions: ChompChomp

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose

between this and Griddy boy, the Sharks are gonna be fun to watch soon.

He doesn't even have his own thread in the Prospects forum. He might as well not even exist.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Hey, they'll help Chernyshov land when he presumably joins the Cuda next season too!

I kinda like how multi-national our future guys are.

Canada: Celebrini, Dickinson, Cagnoni
USA: Smith, Musty, Pohlkamp
Sweden: Eklund, Zetterlund, Bystedt, Sahlin-Wallenius
Russia: Askarov, Mukhamadullin, Cheenyshov

Those are some good hockey nations. It's pretty interesting that other than Finnish Halttunen we don't really have that many guys in the second tier hockey countries.
If you’re including Pohlkamp you might as well throw in Graf and Gushchin.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Surely the Barry Trotz that left the Stanley Cup champs days after the parade to chase more money would never talk about someone being a team player. Know that’s not a direct quote, but so sick of the hockey media lapping up his garbage like he’s some renowned GM.

Truly hope that what he built in Nashville blows up in epic proportions because of his smug demeanor and also payback for having to watch the most boring hockey imaginable with any team he coached.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
oh no, the top end goalie prospect we just traded a nice package for might actually have to play some f***ing games. the horror.
I don't mind playing him, but making him the default 2 on a horrendous team with a ton of turnover, a lot of kids and a new coach behind an oft-injured starter just seems unnecessary. There are still some parts of his game that need to be worked on and playing in the NHL isn't about development.

Surely the Barry Trotz that left the Stanley Cup champs days after the parade to chase more money would never talk about someone being a team player. Know that’s not a direct quote, but so sick of the hockey media lapping up his garbage like he’s some renowned GM.

Truly hope that what he built in Nashville blows up in epic proportions because of his smug demeanor and also payback for having to watch the most boring hockey imaginable with any team he coached.
Wallman and Askarov are gonna have the greatest dance-offs on the rare win.

YUPPY 2 7 10 11

Oct 5, 2020

Askarov.gif

Fun Facts: Askarov was benched in favor of ...............Devin Cooley

Last edited:

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I love this trade, goalies are voodoo so its always a bit scary to trade decent assets for one, but Im glad Grier took a shot on getting us a stud goalie of the future.

Our core is shaping up nicely

I cant wait for this offseason to end, its painful in a good way to actually be excited for the year to start.

Reactions: Baysick

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
It has potential but I'd feel better if it were Lund+Havelid or even Halttunnen over Edstrom and it's really only a good deal if Askarov hits the upper end of his potential.

Reactions: Sandisfan

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
It has potential but I'd feel better if it were Lund+Havelid or even Halttunnen over Edstrom and it's really only a good deal if Askarov hits the upper end of his potential.
What’s the upper end? A vezina winner?

It’s a good deal based on where the sharks are what they need. They are knee deep in good forward prospects… like 10+ potential or surefire nhl kids 21 or younger. Smith, Celly, musty, bystedt, haltunnen, Chernyshov, graf, cardwell, gushkin, bordeleau… not to mention Eklund (or Lund, wetsch, svoboda and other secondary prospects).

The sharks can easily afford to dish Edstrom without missing much a beat. I’m sad about the vgk pick for potential to add some D prospect depth, but oh well…

You want the best goalie prospect in the league? Well, you’re gunna have to pay. Frankly I think the price was quite reasonable.

The future core in now pretty much fully in place at 22 or younger. Obviously they could use another top end D to pair with dick, but you only need one high end goalie, and now they have it.

I tip my hat to Grier. The farm system and core building project is largely complete. Now comes the start of fleshing it out.

Great summer for Grier and the Sharks from winning the lottery, snagging a top 10 talent D despite starting with a 14th pick. Signing a 30 goal forward, and now acquiring a the best prospect goalie in the league for a likely late first and your 5th best forward prospect.

Listening to Warsofsky and watching what the shakes have down this summer… I really think we are in for a surprise… this is a very exciting year to come….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad