Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire pick 11 for 14+42

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
But is there any clamoring out there for Eiserman that early? We can't know for sure, but it certainly doesn't feel like the winds have been blowing him to any teams in the early teens.
He's 14th on McKenzie's final board. So a bit of a "risk" to stay there if you're intent on drafting him.

Reactions: landshark

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Using pick value charts from:

11 is 338

14 + 42 is 297 + 85 = 382

so, an overpay, but indicates they are targeting someone within a tier they didn't think would be available. A more equal return would have been ~9th pick.

overall assessment: fire DW.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Using pick value charts from:

11 is 338

14 + 42 is 297 + 85 = 382

so, an overpay, but indicates they are targeting someone within a tier they didn't think would be available.

overall assessment: fire DW.
Always have to overpay slightly to move up in the first round. Not going to let a 4th rounder matter.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
i doubt it's Eiserman. you only move up in this draft to guarantee a crack at the defense.
You're just ignoring the smoke and noise then if that is your belief. Yakemchuk is likely the only D left there and he isn't worth trading up for. Only way this is for a D is if they're going to move up again with 11+33 to get into the top 7. Otherwise, this is for Eiserman as they're cutting the other 2 teams with rumored real interest (Philly and Minnesota).

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
If we moved up to 11 and take Eiserman, I'll lose a ton of faith in the staff. I will then spend the next 3 years hoping I was totally wrong and they were right.

What I actually think this is, is a shot at one of the top 6 D. There's almost no way all 6 go in the top 10. And if they do, then we get Iginla.
Is Parekh or Yakemchuk really worth trading up for? They seem to have massive red flags. I would be more disappointed if we traded up for one of them tbh.

With Eiserman, it is what it is. Not who I would pick but his production and age at least make it a defensible bet.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Sam Dickinson

giphy.gif

<please somehow fall to 11>

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Are there credible reports about Grier wanting Eiserman? Or is it speculation?

Just asking because I haven't seen or heard anything other than that he and Celebrini are friends
All of the mock drafters that usually start to get an idea by now where teams are leaning are predicting Eiserman to SJ.

"If Cole Eiserman is available, he's not getting by San Jose." That sentence, or some form of it, has been uttered to me no less than 10 times since the draft combine. In this instance, he's not available. Good thing, too, because San Jose has a massive discrepancy in prospect quality at forward and defense." ESPN

"But as one scout told me recently: “My circles say if Eiserman is there at 14, San Jose won’t pass on him.” Taking Eiserman would continue to leave a huge hole in the Sharks’ pool on the back end relative to at forward, but I think the gap between Eiserman and the field of D here is strong enough that if the Sharks feel the same, I don’t mind it at all. Eiserman’s close friendship with Celebrini (they’re like family) doesn’t hurt either. Would be a great story." Scott Wheeler

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Is Parekh or Yakemchuk really worth trading up for? They seem to have massive red flags. I would be more disappointed if we traded up for one of them tbh.

With Eiserman, it is what it is. Not who I would pick but his production and age at least make it a defensible bet.
Absolutely. Parekh or Yakemchuk have similar risk profiles to Eiserman. Parekh is the best point-scoring defenseman in the OHL ever, and Yakemchuk in the last something like 30 years for the WHL.

I would prefer an RD total lottery pick to a LW one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad