Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire Jake Walman and 2nd round pick 2024 (#53) for future considerations

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Don't watch too many Celebrini interviews just yet

You can tell there's something under the surface that may come out one day, but the media coaching these kids undergo is something else
For sure, I think NorCal's going to bring out his chill bro (but still a killer), but he is extremely careful at the moment. And for good reason. Not only 1OA, but just being around pro sports his whole life, no way his parents+team didn't coach the shit out of him.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
I don't know that he's going to take it over seeing as he has 100 PP minutes in his entire career as an NHLer. I think he's a nice PP2 guy, but still need a PP1 guy via trade/UFA.
Yeah, but who else on the team is a better candidate for it? This is a "bar set really low" situation.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yeah, but who else on the team is a better candidate for it? This is a "bar set really low" situation.
If the plan is to have Thrun in the lineup, he'll be in the mix for it as well. Agreed that it's a bar set low situation but chances are another acquisition is going to be made to address our blue line to one degree or another. Right now, Walman is probably our best defenseman.

Walman-Rutta
Ferraro-Emberson
Thrun-Benning

We can do a lot better on that right side. And I still really hope that Ferraro gets moved for a late 1st. I'd like to see them lean into the possibility of both Thrun and Mukhamadullin on the left side.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Kinda confirms that it was a negative value contract since it required that much to move "money." Tanner Jeannot just went for a 2nd round pick lol
It's the term. If Walman had 1 year remaining he probably gets claimed on waivers but two years left at that cap hit coming off a really bad season without an extensive NHL track record = negative value contract.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Kinda confirms that it was a negative value contract since it required that much to move "money." Tanner Jeannot just went for a 2nd round pick lol
My point was that it doesn't matter what reason was, it was that it was too early to assume anything when if we just waited 4 days we'd have the real answer.

Reactions: Sandisfan and DG93

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023

Saw this trade tree and noticed Walman was part of the branch that came from trading the Mirco Mueller pick for Mantha pick. Things just coming full circle somehow
oh god this hurts
"Oh, and that No. 58 pick – that turned out to be Tyler Bertuzzi. In essence, the Red Wings traded Mueller to San Jose for Mantha and Bertuzzi."

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad