Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire Egor Afanasyev for Ozzy Wiesblatt

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I love this. Ozzy was never going to be with the Sharks. I don’t know why NSH does this though. Afanasyev is bigger and has scored more than Ozzy in the AHL. Basically the same age.
Wiesblatt looked good for their AHL team... probably a good character fit as well. He's also almost a year younger...

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
Looks like a good trade! MG wants a team with size and skill, which can work our very well if the depth players pan out. I like it, one step at a time.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
This deal probably means nothing in the long run - But I like it. Got some value for a kid we had basically given up on, and got some solid potential looking at his AHL numbers. If nothing else maybe he helps our AHL not suck.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I love this. Ozzy was never going to be with the Sharks. I don’t know why NSH does this though. Afanasyev is bigger and has scored more than Ozzy in the AHL. Basically the same age.
I don't think it was more than a meh trade for both teams. Ozzy was slowly morphing into more of a Kunin/Dellandrea/Goodrow type but obviously we didn't need that.

He could end up being a solid 4th liner for a team like Nashville but probably not.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
So you arent even pretending its about the players anymore?
9a0a0a70-3df4-4172-ad41-d116ee596c55_text.gif

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't think it was more than a meh trade for both teams. Ozzy was slowly morphing into more of a Kunin/Dellandrea/Goodrow type but obviously we didn't need that.

He could end up being a solid 4th liner for a team like Nashville but probably not.
I mean Egor could be on the NHL team next year. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t given a chance to make the team.

Worse comes to worst, it’s a good AHL scorer that isn’t tiny.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I mean Egor could be on the NHL team next year. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t given a chance to make the team.

Worse comes to worst, it’s a good AHL scorer that isn’t tiny.
No doubt. I like the move, but I don't think it's gonna be a trade that ultimately ends up on the Grier board of biggest moves (whether good or bad). One thing you can't argue though is Grier is definitely being more aggressive in building a team of the players he wants vs the players that he needs to tank.

Reactions: Jargon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad