Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire Cody Ceci and 2025 3rd for Ty Emberson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Probably had to move a dman to take Ceci, but wish we could have kept Ty. Thought he could have stuck around as a solid bottom pair guy. Hopefully we can flip Ceci for something at the deadline. A second+ the third we already got would be sweet (and maybe unrealistic)

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Feels like this just complicates your blue line further without a real benefit
Getting a 3rd round pick for free and likely another 2nd or 3rd when we trade Ceci at the deadline isn't a real benefit?

Not to mention Ceci instantly becomes our best defenseman and is the perfect minute eater to throw to the wolves alongside Ferraro.

I would have liked to see if Emberson is more than a flash in the pan but clearly our front office didn't think much of him so whatever.

Reactions: 209

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Getting a 3rd round pick for free and likely another 2nd or 3rd when we trade Ceci at the deadline isn't a real benefit?

Not to mention Ceci instantly becomes our best defenseman and is the perfect minute eater to throw to the wolves alongside Ferraro.

I would have liked to see if Emberson is more than a flash in the pan but clearly our front office didn't think much of him so whatever.
Hey you know your team better than I do. I’ve just become a fan of San Jose because my team sucks and I love some of the youth you have

But wouldn’t this complicate Mukh coming up? Just feels like you guys helped the oilers out of a bind for something that didn’t really blow anyone’s hair back

And of course, I could be wrong, just from where I’m sitting. Your perspective is a more educated one

Reactions: Sandisfan

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Hey you know your team better than I do. I’ve just become a fan of San Jose because my team sucks and I love some of the youth you have

But wouldn’t this complicate Mukh coming up? Just feels like you guys helped the oilers out of a bind for something that didn’t really blow anyone’s hair back

And of course, I could be wrong, just from where I’m sitting. Your perspective is a more educated one
Muk is LD, not RD. So it's not going to affect him, especially with RD Emberson gone in the trade.

Reactions: Sombastate

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021

Mukhamadullin is LD and Ceci is RD. Emberson who we traded in this deal is also RD. So this move doesn't affect Mukhamadullin or anyone else on the defensive depth chart at all. Effectively just swaps out Emberson for the older but more predictable (and monetizable at the deadline) Ceci.

Reactions: Sombastate

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
How many people that were first round picks are the Sharks going to have in the starting lineup this season? It's a crazy number that keeps increasing now with Ceci.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I figured odds were good that Grier would settle for the 3rd to partially recoup the traded picks in the Hertl deal but giving them Emberson too makes not getting a 2nd a bit of a pill to swallow. I don’t think Emberson has the sort of potential that’s worth worrying about losing but he’s at least something young at RHD and now we have three fringe vets with two years or less and nothing in line to replace them.

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
I don't like giving up Emberson in this trade because I thought he was good for us last year in a bad situation but at the same time Emberson seems like the type of player who us fans overhype and rate because we want to find the next diamond in the rough off waivers. I was way too high on Jacob Peterson after the 22-23 season and now he seems to be out of the league. I am glad we got a 3rd rounder for taking Ceci and I am hopeful we can flip him at the deadline for more. Ceci seems like a guy that fans always despise but that NHL GMs love.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad