Sharks 5 Oilers 2

Jakemcl*

The game on Sunday was a fluke. It was after the oil had a couple days off and San jose had played a tough game against Calgary the night before and they had there back up in. The gwg was a 10 foot wide shot that went off a defenders butt.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
For all the sad bros out there, I just want you to visually keep this image visual!

NQVxP7z.jpg

I just don't see how Justin Bieber will help this club

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
The game on Sunday was a fluke. It was after the oil had a couple days off and San jose had played a tough game against Calgary the night before and they had there back up in. The gwg was a 10 foot wide shot that went off a defenders butt.

#OilersHockey

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
giphy.gif

I...just...I.....(Sigh).....I'm tired...of everything about this team. Just show us...please!! that you care about winning. Anything!!

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
How many games for this losing streak?

Can anyone confirm that the Oilers actually practice things as a team? I'm looking for visual confirmation that they practice, no rumours.
Go to the Oilers website and watch Mac T's interview with Gazzola. The team appears to be practicing in the back ground. Be prepared though, nobody is breaking a sweat.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
I'm glad I turned the game off after 1-0. Team is too predictable.
"Visually" the biggest problem the Oilers have right now is that at no time do they take control of the games. They seem to react to the opponent rather than dictate the pace, they only work hard offensively when they are down. They had lots of opportunity to get the advantage but they can't or don't have the desire to press for the win. They seem so focused on not screwing up that often times they over play the opponent or get puck focused. Eakins simply has to get this team right mentally. I don't think they get out skilled, they get out smarted.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Klefbom is a beauty, got a keeper there.

Yup.

I was at the game live tonight (along with my observant brother).

Key observations:

Schultz is very soft. The second goal was a classic example. Bumped out of prime defensive net space with ease. Not impressed.

Klefbom has a nice point shot.

Eakins changed up the lines in the third for some inexplicable reason. The team actually played reasonably well in the second. A bad pk on a set play by the Sharks. The tip-in was an acceptable goal against. Good execusion by the Sharks.

Yakupov, Perron, Pitlick, Purcell and Draisaitl had strong games. Eberle had an electric first period. Hall and RNH were just OK - expectations of them should be high.

The 5th goal on Scrivens was horrible. Good back-up - but absolutely not a starting goalie.

Going to Anaheim tomorrow. Hope to see better execution and limited minutes for Schultz. We may have passed addition by subtraction point.

BigBen

Dec 5, 2014
At least we have the world juniors to look forward to.

Klefbom looked great tonight btw.

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
The second line was flying tonight.

This has to be the smallest PGT of all time. No one cares anymore!

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
MacT " WTF Dallas Jultz played 13 min and we won"
Dallas" yeah that was some great coaching. See how I sat him in the third"
MacT " don't let it happen again. 20+ min for Jultz. Jultz is Coffey reborn"
Dallas " Yeah that didn't work to well"
MacT " oh but it did....insert Mr Burns....Excellent gif"

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Only looking from the highlights our goaltending actually seems atrocious. We outshot the Sharks but let in a bunch of soft goals. With a real goalie we just might have won this game. Having both your goalies being under .900 in SVS% after 28 games is just not acceptable. .900 in itself is not even good. Should be AT LEAST at .915. Our starting goaltender Ben Scrivens is ranked 61 out of 69 goalies in SVS% in the league. Viktor Fasth is at 59. That's just terrible. Blame the D all you want but the fact is these guys aren't getting the job done. It's funny too because everyone assumed quality goaltending would give us another 10 wins this year compared to last year. Instead we have even worse goaltending this year.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Schultz makes Tom Poti look like Steve Smith (the player, not the god-#*%!in awful assistant coach).

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
We outshot the Sharks but let in a bunch of soft goals.
Teams are going to give the Oilers that long wrister from the wall all night long. Why wouldn't they?
The Oilers look like a whole team of Pajaarvi's with their shot selection of late.
Weak muffins and half slappers from the boards. Winning that corsi :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad