Shane Wright vs Connor Bedard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which will be the better NHL player?

• Total voters

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Bedard is 5' 10" 180 lbs as a 15 year old?

Holy shit.
And he’s a baby faced boy still too. The kid still has a lot of maturing left. When he does finish growing and developing physically, he’s going to even be better, which is crazy.
Imo Wright developed early, and uses his physical advantage to be the player he is. The question with him is how much more will he mature physically?

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
We'll soon have an answer to that. If he can lead the U18 team, along with Bedard, to a gold medal game getting 12-14 pts on the way, then not playing the year had no impact on his development.

He could have 20 points and we still would have no way of drawing that conclusion. I don't think theres a possible way to conclude that missing an entire year didn't have some consequences developmentally - at least he was far from the only prospect in situation

Chadstudsky

Nov 19, 2008
Ottawa
Why didn't Wright play in another league this year? Seems like losing an entire year of developement isn't a good thing? Probably could have played Junior A somewhere or USHL at the very least?

My stepson was in the same boat. And so is the general population. We were told just a few more weeks, just one more month etc since last March. We/He believed it. By the time it became clear that they were lying to us, most of the USHL spots were taken, and very little teams were accepting loans. Thankfully he was good enough to be loaned to an MHL team, and then they locked down as well. This whole year has been a shitshow. But yes, hindsight being 20/20, all top players in Ontario should've tried to find something right away overseas or in the states. We were naive to trust our government and our health officials.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
My stepson was in the same boat. And so is the general population. We were told just a few more weeks, just one more month etc since last March. We/He believed it. By the time it became clear that they were lying to us, most of the USHL spots were taken, and very little teams were accepting loans. Thankfully he was good enough to be loaned to an MHL team, and then they locked down as well. This whole year has been a shitshow. But yes, hindsight being 20/20, all top players in Ontario should've tried to find something right away overseas or in the states. We were naive to trust our government and our health officials.

Yeah like a lot of the draft eligible kids this year didnt sit on their hands. And it makes sense because they are thinking about the draft. Hard to get drafted if you dont play. But it just seems weird that arguably the best young player in the OHL, and the best for his age group, sat at home and played zero games this year while his direct competition was off playing games wherever they could.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
It's kind of hard to tell. Bedard's season was nutty but Wright was tracking similarly to the best player in the world right now before the season was cancelled and has better physical tools.

Last edited:

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Hard to tell how they looked. They looked good, but I'd put that down to an off-night for the Swedes getting run out of the rink like that. That shouldn't happen. But was relieved to see Wright light it up, showing no signs of rust for not having played a game, a real game, in a full calendar year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad